Handsome creep

The way he talked was more than enough for her to make a judgement about him. The vibes around him screamed creepiness. Though he was truly handsome and was looking absolutely gorgeous in that black suit, she couldn't help but walk away from the open bar counter. She in all costs wanted to avoid the handsome creep.

She was hungry now. But she wanted to go back to their hostel at the same time. She was dying to be out of this gown and breath properly. All the hotness inside her head because of Soonyoung and Minghao was already killing her. She was heading towards diner area but Seungcheol approached her for a dance. She accepted it smiling because he was the first person to compliment her that day.

Soon enough Michelle came back to take back her Seungcheol and she got abandoned in the middle of the dance floor alone, with her favourite song playing. She didn't want to leave the dance floor but at the same time she didn't want to stand out amongst the couples.

When she decided to leave two hands grabbed her waist from behind and pulled her close. The person pinned her against himself resting his chin on her shoulders. His heavy breaths were falling in her ears. Since panicking occured to her naturally, she did that. But that was until she heard him speak.

"Play along, please." That fresh boyish voice spoke slowly. "I am tired of pretending."

Her breath hitched as she recognized the voice. "What do you mean by that, Minghao."

He turned her around aggressively placing her hand on his shoulder and pulling her close again, his hands never leaving her waist.

Their bodies were pressed together like the layers of a cake. She was scared that something that shouldn't happen will be happening now, but she doubted it too. It can't be Minghao, not this man. He literally rejected her just a month ago. He is trying to make someone else jealous. She thought. But her eyes couldn't dare to search for Lisbeth, because Minghao was making a furious eye contact with her.

She wondered what was going on in his mind.

It wasn't just limited to a normal dance. Minghao's hand lingered all around her bare back. That intense gaze of his eyes, his movements along with her, the way he swayed along with her effortlessly was giving her endless butterflies. How ironical, the butterflies which were waiting for Soonyoung were now excited because of Minghao.

"What are you trying to do Minghao?" She whispered in his ears. "This isn't normal."

"I know, just play along." He looked back at her. His expression was plain and unreadable. It was certain that he wanted to say something, explain her things but something was stopping him.

If she did not push herself away from him at that instant, things would have gone way more wrong. She sure was pissed off because he rejected her but right now he was someone else's partner. Someone else has imagined herself with him for the ball. As more as her ball was ruined, she didn't want to ruin someone elses.

"Go to Lisbeth, Minghao." She muttered. The air outside the ball venue was much more fresh and less suffocating. She took many open breaths and decided to sit on one of the benches near the hall. Only if she had brought a book with her, she thought.

The cold air grazed her bare skin harshly as her hairs glided over her face. She softly started pounding her head on the maple tree beside the bench. Her stomach was rumbling. Her feet had ample of cuts because of the tall grasses and her legs were paining. Her hands were freezing. Her head would also start aching in a few minutes if she doesn't stop banging.

There was nobody around her but she was still being enough chaotic on herself. She realized she didn't need people to make her life worse, she alone is enough for that.

Attraction. This was the main root of all the problems in her life. She was attracted to Minghao but he wasn't. She got hurt. She was attracted to Soonyoung so she expected him to feel even a little bit of attachment, or closeness with her. But he didn't and she got hurt. It was all because of these immature baseless feelings that she ended up getting hurt and still can't get over it.

Her head jogged around millions of questions. Was Minghao trying to hit on her? Why did Soonyoung do what he did? What were their intentions? What will happen tomorrow when she meets Minghao? Will she always be a failure in terms of emotions?

She sighed helplessly.

Looking around, she found a coffee stall. It was getting too cold to handle so she thought that she might get some coffee while waiting for the bus. She searched her coat pockets for some change as she walked towards the stall.

"A cup of coffee please," She motioned towards the owner and leaned in against the pole near the stall.

"One cup of coffee please."

Her eyes shut tight hearing the voice for the second time in the same hour. Not this guy again.

"Uh oh, butterscotch!" He nudged her arm and stood in front of her. "We meet again."

She looked at his face even after warning herself not to. Even though he was too handsome to not look at him, he still acted like a creep.

"I don't think I know you." She bluntly lied shifting her body. "You might be mistaken."

"You don't know me?" The guy's eyebrows twitched. "Shall I make you remember...?"

"Please.." she spoke again, "can't you just leave me alone?"

His face turned turned aghast as if she asked him to do something unbelievable. "I can't just leave you alone, butterscotch."

"Please don't ....." She made a disgusted face which made it more fun for the guy.

"Why shouldn't I?" He poked his cheek with his tongue while smiling and leaned in to trap Myunghee inside his arms, "I mean I won't if you tell me your name."

Her eyes squinted into a thin line. Never in all these months at Tomsk has she encountered such a shameless and arrant person. And this man was way too forward considering the fact that they just met and are now having their unfortunate second encounter.

"Excuse me!" She jostled him away from her angrily. So hard that he stumbled and upon a random trespasser.

"You're so wild." He laughed cheekily in an attempt to make her madder than she already was. "Hey! You broke my broach!" He then motioned to the silver rose broach attached to his chest, a petal of which fell down on the road.

"You really have no shame," She rubbed her forehead aggressively.

"No. Not anymore." He took a few long steps and pinched her cheeks playfully as he placed two coins of 5 rubles on the counter, taking his coffee paying for hers as well.

"See you!" He waved at her, walking back.

"I won't!" She grabbed her coffee from the counter murmuring profanities at the handsome creep and added a second name on the avoidance list.