Guilt Conscience

How did it turn out to be like this, she thought. It was unbelievable because this wasn't how she imagined her personal life to be like after she got rejected by the only guy on whom she had a big fat, hopeless crush. He rejected her, she accepted it even though with difficulty. No one asked her to prom, she accepted it.

But Kwon Soonyoung, she didn't even know him. She was completely against this 'setting up the leftovers with each other' idea. Though the dean meant no harm, he meant no good as well. But even if she was against this stupid play, she couldn't reject it because she wanted to experience prom. How it felt like to dance with a boy whose hands would be on your waist, completely ignoring the fact that Soonyoung is not the boy she was imagining herself with.

She eventually came to terms with it, but her expectations were better than the reality.

"I bet that Silvia might have asked him to set you up with someone weird, she liked Minghao you know." Seungkwan suggested while eating his soggy french fries.

Minghao shuffled his feet after hearing Seungkwan. He looked uncomfortable and guilty at the same time.

"It's not your fault Minghao," she said after noticing him for a while. "I don't know how this stupid idea came to the dean's mind."

Minghao's guilt laden smile annoyed her and she narrowed her eyes at him.

"He is from the other hostel, which is infamous among the boys for things which are illicit. The other hostel just consist of a bunch of vulgar guys put to live together under the same roof. You won't believe how many girls' shrieks you can hear from that hostel at night. The guys from that hostel have a bad aura around them."

"It's just a day Minghao, I am not gonna date him," Myunghee assured him, and herself as well.

It was a shame that another korean was in her year and she didn't even know about it. It wasn't new but this time it was shocking for her. She did not even remember coming across his name or face anywhere. He was a complete stranger to her.

She dipped her straw aggressively at the cola thinking about Soonyoung, while her thoughts summoned him to her.

He tapped at her shoulder, giving a small smile to Seungkwan and Minghao. "Can I talk to you?" He asked her in korean.

"Yeah sure," she replied and looked at him. Since he was closer to her this time, and she was seeing him more clearly without any nervousness or anxiety. She realized that his face was a strange mixture of cute and charming features. His black hair reached till just above his eyelids and his cheeks were toned.

"Not here, let's talk outside?"

The walk towards the garden was awkward. Especially because she never took this route to go to the garden. They crossed the department of arts as well where she met eyes with a stunned Kaede. She must be making wild thoughts already. When they finally reached in the garden, he turned to her.

"You don't have any problem..." He started but got cut off by her.

"Nope." The denial came out of her mouth naturally. If Seungkwan would be present here he would have teased her for being bipolar.

Soonyoung nodded his head and bit his lips, "Actually, I am auditioning for the opening act tomorrow. I hope you know how to dance?"

Myunghee tilted her head. He hopes she knows? What if she doesn't? She wanted to say, but couldn't. Because he was not just her partner now, he was her last resort and she could not let her last chance to ball slip away.

"Ofcourse," she faked a smile and told him. Very casually again. "I used to dance to Bad boy a lot in the summers."

Soonyoung nodded at her reply, disregarding her attempt at throwing a joke.

"Okay, then, I'll register both of us. You can go back to your friends." He threw a flat smile at her before leaving.

Is he a sociopath or an introvert?

~

"What? He's auditioning as well?" Minghao asked her. "I never saw him coming to the general hall for practice.."

"Don't worry, I'll vote for you." Myunghee him a thumbs up.

"I am not auditioning, didn't I tell you?" Myunghee looked at him dumbfounded. "Oh I didn't tell you, I see."

Minghao scratched the back of his neck so Seungkwan told her why he wasn't auditioning.

"The girl he asked out, Lisbeth, she injured her leg yesterday and it'll take a month to heal. She won't be able to participate in the practice sessions," he shook his head at Minghao.

Myunghee felt bad for him because Minghao was very excited to audition and have been practicing since the ball date was announced. Sometimes, she saw him coming out of the general hall and directly to their classes. He had practiced so hard and all those hours practice went in vain.

She slapped her forehead as Minghao side hugged her and patted her arm. "It's fine, don't worry about me. You find a way to avoid Soonyoung and his practice sessions if he actually gets selected."

"Why did she have to fall just a day before your auditions?" Myunghee mumbled massaging her forehead irritatingly.

"What did you say?" Minghao said a bit offended.

"You worked so hard but you did not even get to showcase your skills, Minghao. I just am upset because of that." Myunghee sulked a little while saying that.

"Myunghee, you don't have to feel upset or bad or have to pity me, okay. I told you I'm fine with it." Minghao sounded irritated, he completely misunderstood what Myunghee wanted to say.

"Yaah Minghao, why are you getting angry at me? I didn't even do anything to begin with," At this point Seungkwan stepped in between them sensing that this isn't just a normal argument about whether strawberry milk is better than normal milk.

"Myunghee, stop just stop." Seungkwan held her hand in an attempt to calm her down but she was fuming.

"Why should I? Am I not allowed to get angry at someone because of whom my friend lost his chance at something important?" Her voice was still scarily low but Minghao cared least about how scary she sounded at this moment.

"Oh come on Myunghee just fucking accept it will ya!" His voice now increased shocking Seungkwan. "You're just jealous of her! Just fucking jealous and nothing else!"

Seungkwan pushed Minghao away from Myunghee, "Minghao stop right now."

"Why should I?" Minghao faced Seungkwan, "She's the one who started it! She's the one who wants to make me feel guilty everytime because I rejected her! She could have just accepted the proposal of that Wonwoo guy but she waited till the last moment expecting me to ask her out of my guilt conscience. Can't you see it!? Even now she's showing how much she doesn't want to be with Soonyoung and how Lisbeth isn't a good person because she got hurt a day before my auditions."

Seungkwan palmed his face and crouched down on the ground having nothing to reply to this outburst of Minghao.

Myunghee couldn't control her tears any longer as she walked away from them. It was wrong of her to assume that Minghao would still act the same way towards her. It was wrong of her to think that her relationship with Minghao won't change even if he rejected her. Because it already has.