121. A Break From Tradition

 Lily picked up the infamous Godfather cocktail and took a small sip of it, screwing her face up

Lily picked up the infamous Godfather cocktail and took a small sip of it, screwing her face up. She hated the bloody things, but she needed alcohol after the last couple of results, and as usual Daniel had insisted on those ghastly things.

After her disappointing race in Japan she'd had yet another fourth place finish in Qatar, and today she'd finished in third. She was now trailing Daniel by six points in the championship, Everything was still to play for, but of course the media were already saying that she'd bottled it.

"Come on Lilyflower, finish that and I'll get you another one," Daniel told her from across the table.

To her relief, the relationship between Daniel and her and Seb had remained unchanged after what had happened in Tokyo. He'd not mentioned it, neither had they, and things had carried on as normal.

"Can I have something else please Daniel?" she asked. "These things are fucking grim."

Daniel gave a loud laugh. "Lilyflower, you can have whatever you want."

Seb sat down besides Lily, returning from the toilet. He threw his arm around her shoulder and kissed her on the cheek.

"Your girl doesn't want another Godfather," Daniel said.

"What do you want baby?"

"Anything vodka based. Vodka and orange?"

"I'll get it," Seb told her, standing up again. Lily looked around the room, there didn't seem to be as many people there as there usually was. Instead of a large group of them there was only Daniel, Max, Seb and herself. Even the normal Indy Car drivers seemed to be missing.

Seb soon returned with her vodka and orange juice.  She thanked him and took a long swig of it.   She sighed in contentment.  What an improvement to the Godfather!