64. Verdad o Reto

"Lily Scott, you little shit," Seb muttered as the red car in front just managed to stay ahead of him down the straight. He'd been stuck behind her for almost twenty laps, and he now had just two laps to get the last podium position off of her.

He knew she'd be spitting mad at him if he did, but that would just make the sex that night hotter.   Maybe he'd finally get to tie her up before fucking her into submission. 

"Sebastian, you have one more good chance to overtake Scott."

"Yeah, yeah. I know."   The tip of his tongue darted out of his mouth to wet his lips as he concentrated on staying as close to Lily as he could.  When they started the last lap he wanted to be certain of having DRS. 

One by one, they took the corners.   If he overtook her on the straight he knew it was highly unlikely that she'd be able to get him back.   

They entered the stadium section for the second to last time.  The gap between them was less than a second.  

As they flew down the main straight Seb pulled out and his Aston Martin flew past the Ferrari.   "Yes!" he exclaimed.  "Got ya schatz ."

As he'd thought, Lily couldn't find her way back past him, and he took the chequered flag and the last step on the podium.

Even though he and Lily were in a good place now it felt so good to beat her.  Not because he wanted to beat her, but because he wanted to beat Ferrari.  

He drove his in lap, parked up behind the number three board and got out of the car. Running to his crew, he flung his arms around Chris.

"What a drive! You didn't give up. I knew you'd get her!"

As he worked his way down the line he began to feel guilty. Lily had been in third for most of the race, she must be gutted.

Then as he headed to get weighed he pushed Lily out of his mind. He'd deal with her later. Right now he was just going to enjoy his podium.

***

Lily slammed the door of her driver room behind her. She was pissed off. She wasn't pissed off with Seb. He'd only done what she'd have done herself if the situation had been reversed. No, she was pissed off with the attitude from some of the team in the debrief.

It seemed that even though he was no longer her engineer, Riccardo still had it in for her. He'd suggested, and been backed up by a few other engineers, that she'd not done everything she could have done to defend against Seb.

She'd won in Russia, was forty nine points ahead of Charles. What more did she have to do to prove herself?

She sank down onto the sofa and took her phone out of her bag.  She saw she'd had a text from Seb. 

Sebastian:   Hey, you're quiet. Hope you're not mad at me x

She replied. 

Lily:  No, not mad at you.  Just mad at the misogynistic pricks that work here. X

A minute later her phone rang.  It was Seb. She answered it.

"Hey."

"What's going on Schatz?"

"Oh nothing. Just Riccardo suggesting I didn't try to defend against you.  It's all because I'm a woman."

"Do you want me to have a word with him?  I always got on ok with him.  I didn't realise he was like this."

"No. He'd love that, a man getting involved to stand up for me.   Thanks, but it would just make things worse."

"Ok, but let me know if you change your mind."