28. Breaking Point

A/N: a big, big thank you to the amazing SdeSenna for the graphic used in this chapter. Really appreciate it. Love ya ❤️

Seb frowned as he checked his phone for what felt like the hundredth time that hour. He'd texted Lily at about 8am that morning to see what time she'd be arriving in France, but now several hours later he'd had no reply. He'd tried calling her but it had rang out and eventually gone to voicemail. Surely she hadn't had a change of heart about their date. Date? Did she see it as a date? He hadn't said the word but there was no doubt about it in his mind. They were going on a date Sunday after the race.

He'd already made the plans. She'd agreed when he'd texted her the previous Friday. She'd seemed fine with him then. So why wasn't she answering him?

He decided to try and call her again. It rang and rang, eventually diverting to voicemail once again.

"Hi, this is Lily. I can't come to the phone right now, but I will get back to you as soon as I can." There was a beep and Seb began to speak.

"Lily, where are you? I'm getting a bit worried now. Call me back when you get this."

He put his phone down on his bedside table. It was nearly five pm. It was media day the following day. Surely she should be here by now.

He decided to take a walk down to the lobby. Maybe he'd see someone from Haas, or perhaps Poppy. Someone had to know where she was.

The lobby wasn't very busy as the teams were probably still at the track, but he did see a couple of the other drivers arriving, including Damon Scott and Lando Norris. He knew it was pointless asking Damon, but maybe Lando would know, he was pretty friendly with Lily.

"Lando," he called out. The curly haired Brit looked over at him and smiled.

"Hey Seb, how are you?"

"I'm good thanks. Yourself?"

"I'm great."

"Look, I don't suppose you've seen or heard anything from Lily have you?"

"Lily? No, why?"

"She's not answering her calls or texts. It's been hours."

"She's probably travelling, or sleeping."

Seb sighed. Lando didn't get it did he? It had been nine hours. It didn't take that long to travel here from the U.K., and she wouldn't be asleep all day.

He thanked Lando anyway and turned to go and see Charles, who he'd just spotted coming out of the hotel gym.

"Hey Charles."

"Hey Seb," the young Monagasque replied, whilst looking at something on his phone.

"I don't suppose you've seen Lily have you?"

"Not since Canada."

"Oh ok. She's not answering her phone. If you do see her can you tell her I'm looking for her please?"

"Of course."

Charles's phone beeped in his hand. He looked at it and his mouth fell open. "Oh my God."

"What is it?" Seb asked. Charles turned his phone and showed Seb the screen.