41. His Port in a Storm

If looks could kill then both she and Seb would be six foot under, Lily thought to herself as they glared at each other across the room at the driver's briefing in Brazil.

It had been nearly two weeks since that crazy night in Austin, and they had made no attempt to speak to each other. Lily knew she was being stubborn. She accepted that she was partly to blame for what had happened. She'd provoked Seb into a reaction, but she hadn't done it to deliberately piss him off. She'd just drank too much and hadn't thought things through.

Seb's reaction to what she'd done had been way over the top in her opinion. They weren't together in that way, but he'd acted like they were.

She'd been surprised he hadn't been in touch. One look at him at the briefing showed he was still mad at her though, so that explained his silence.

As the meeting ended she got to her feet and headed straight for the door.  She was hungry and tired, and she didn't want to get stuck talking to Lando, who'd been heading her way.  Once he started talking he never stopped.  She jogged back to Haas to pick up her bag and Luca, then together they headed to the car park. 

After a short drive, they arrived at the hotel.  By a stroke of bad luck they arrived in the lobby at exactly the same time as Seb and Antti.  Lily was tempted to take the stairs, but she stubbornly didn't want Seb to think he'd got the upper hand, so she marched straight over to the elevator and pressed the button to call it.   She could feel his eyes boring into her back as they waited in silence.  

Seb was tempted to take the stairs, but he didn't want Lily to think he was a pussy. He couldn't believe she had made no attempt to get in touch with him since Austin.  Obviously he couldn't text her because he'd stupidly deleted not just her number, but all the messages they exchanged.  He'd been convinced she'd text him, he'd been wrong.  

The doors slid open, and after the guests inside had vacated it, they walked in.   Luca and Antti struck up a conversation but Lily and Seb made sure they were on opposite sides of the elevator from each other.  They both leant back against the wall, arms folded in almost identical poses, glaring at each other in a way that was half angry, and half erotic.   The air was electrically charged as they both tried to resist the urges they had for each other.

After what seemed like an eternity, but in reality was less than a minute, the doors opened and Lily stomped out, shooting one final glare at Seb.  Luca said goodbye to Seb and Antti before following his driver.

"What the hell was that about?" Antti asked as the elevator continued its ascent.  Seb shrugged.

"What did you do to piss her off this time?"

"Why are you assuming it's my fault?"

"Because where women are involved, it usually is," Antti laughed.  Seb didn't laugh.  He stayed silent until the elevator doors opened.   They exited and headed towards Seb's room.

"She wants a reaction and when she gets one she doesn't like it," he muttered.

"You've lost me boss," Antti said.  

"Lily.   She knows I'm gonna get jealous when she's flirting with other men.  She still does it and then acts surprised when I get jealous."

"Hang on, hang on.  Since when were you and Lily a thing?"

"We're not!" Seb growled.  "She's made that very clear."

He opened up his door and marched inside.  Antti followed him. "Seb, slow down.  You lost me ages ago."

Seb sat down on the bed and sighed.  How much should he tell Antti?  He knew that he could trust him implicitly but he knew that maybe he shouldn't be discussing him and Lily with anyone else.  He really needed to talk to someone though.