42. Season's End

Lily sighed and fidgeted in her chair. She'd just about had enough of listening to the incessant droning of Gene, Guenther and the team sponsors. All she wanted was to get out of there, get back to her room and wait for Seb to arrive.  

Tonight would be the only chance they would get until Sunday to have some bedroom fun.  Tomorrow evening Seb had a sponsor dinner and then they would have to abstain until after the race.  

Lily sighed again and looked at her watch.   He should have landed by now.  

"So Lily, it's been a very successful season for you," Gene Haas drawled.    "I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do next season."

"More podiums hopefully," said a jolly looking American called Vince, who was the CEO of one of their main sponsors.

"We shall have to wait and see," Guenther said. "But if anyone can do it, our girl Lily can."

Out of the corner of her eye she saw Kevin scowling. She kind of felt sorry for him because Guenther made it so obvious he favoured her, but Kevin made things difficult.

After they'd begun to get on there had been a few months where everything had been pretty good, but just lately Kevin seemed to have a problem with her.

It wasn't as if she wanted to be Guenther's favourite, so she didn't know why Kevin was taking it out on her.

The sponsors, Gene and Guenther carried on talking. Lily felt her phone buzz in her trouser pocket. Was it Seb?   She began to feel excited as she thought about the night they had ahead of them.  

They hadn't actually had sex since before their fallout in Austin.   In Brazil they'd had dinner and then gone back to Lily's room, where they'd curled up in bed and watched a movie on Netflix.  They'd both fallen asleep half way through it and she'd woken up the following morning in his arms.  It had been nice, the sort of thing they might have done if they had been in a relationship.  

They'd spent the last week or so teasing each other, sending sexy texts, and then last night things had escalated. 

Lily had sent Seb a photograph of herself in a very see-through black negligee.

Her phone had rang with an incoming FaceTime call from Seb within seconds of her sending it, and they'd indulged in some mutual self indulgence on call to each other.

"If you'll excuse me for a moment," Lily said, standing up. She headed to the ladies room and locked herself into cubicle. She took her phone out of her pocket. It was from Seb!

Sebastian: Landed safe. On my way to the hotel now. Call me if you can. I need to talk to you! X

She quickly dialled his number. He answered immediately.

"Hey sexy. Enjoying Guenther time?"

"Hey, I've never been so bored in my life. I'd much rather be in bed waiting for you. I'm in room 814 by the way. I can't fucking wait."

"Yeah, about that..."

Lily heard something in his tone of voice and she knew she wasn't going to like what he said.

"My parents and my brother had texted me while I was flying.  They flew to Abu Dhabi to surprise me. They're waiting to take me out for dinner. I can't just ditch them after they've flown all this way, and to be honest, I'm looking forward to seeing them."

"Of course. It's ok Seb, don't worry about it. There will be other times." Although disappointed, she understood. If only she knew how it felt to have her parents there to support her.