𝟕𝟒. 𝐀𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐞

Weeks passed on, Thomas, Seth and Leah kept a good relationship with the Cullens

Weeks passed on, Thomas, Seth and Leah kept a good relationship with the Cullens. They took turns to take care of Alessandra, who was weaker every day. The Cullens hoped Rosalie and Emmett wouldn't take long in coming back. Alessandra's health was getting worse, she barely had strength to walk by herself.

Jasper pays attention to what's happening in the woods, walking from one way to another in the balcony. Meanwhile, Thomas, Bree and Edward watch over Alessandra, who finds herself sleeping. The brunette has a hand on her belly, covered by a blanket that Esme gave her. Jasper stops on his tracks when spotting three wolves watching the house.

Edward admires his wife sleeping until hearing a certain sound that makes him smile liightly. Hearing a small heartbeat, he approaches a hand to his wife's belly, rubbing it.

-D-Daddy. - He manages to hear the baby's thoughts.

-M-Mommy and Daddy. - Edward slightly opens his mouth, stunned by hearing two little voices.

-I'll be right back. - He leans down to kiss Alli's forehead before getting out of the room and head to the library.

There, he finds Alice, Esme and Carlisle doing doing different things. The mind-reader sits on his chair to start investigating legends in order to help his wife.

Immortal children.

Demons.

Vampire child.

Edward closes his laptop and, without saying a word, exits the library to return to his wife, who is still sleeping.

The next day, first thing in the morning, Esme finds herself getting out of the house, holding three sandwiches for Leah, Seth, and Thomas. Once being near them, Seth walks up to her with a wide smile.

-Thanks. I was starving already.

He eats the delicious sandwich the woman made, who hands Leah hers.

-No, thanks. - She speaks before turning around and stare deep into the forest.

-Well, I want it. - Seth replies, taking it with a smile.

Esme chuckles and hands Thomas the last sandwich, who gladly takes it.

-Thanks, Esme. - He smiles kindly at the woman.

-If you need something else, just tell me. I can bring you some drinks if you'd like. Leah, if you want something to eat, just ask me. I can make anything you want.

Both boys turn to the girl, who looks down but doesn't respond.

-Thank you, Esme. - Thomas speaks for her, knowing she won't say anything.

The woman half-smiles before returning home.

-Could you stop being so cold and bitter? They're feeding us, giving us shelter and drinks. We're way better treated here than ever with Sam. - Seth tells his sister.