𝟒𝟕. 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐜𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠

-It's just a sprain

-It's just a sprain. Should be healing rather quickly. - Carlisle assures, bandaging Alessandra's hand.

Edward stands behind his soulmate, holding her waist and leaving short kisses on her head to lower the pain. Emmett and Jasper enter the room, their expressions preocupied towards the brown-haired.

-Feeling better? - Jasper asks her, who nods with half a smile.

-What happened exactly, girlie? - Emmett asks

-Punched a werewolf in the face. - Alli admits.

-Nice. You'll be one tough newborn. - He smiles proudly, the girl shaking her head with a smile.

-Strong enough to finish you. - She jokes, making everyone laugh but Rosalie, who finds herself beside the human.

Rose walks away and gets out of the living room, heading to the balcony.

-Don't worry about it, she'll be fine. - Emmett assures. Alessandra grimaces insecurely but nods.

-Any clues? - Edward asks Jasper.

-No sign of the intruder, but Victoria keeps making appearances. - Alessandra stands up from the couch and looks at her partner.

-I won't take long. - She whispers before kissing his lips. The vampire nods before leaning down once again and kiss Alessandra's lips. The girl pulls away with a small smile, remembering his father and brothers are present. - Thanks, Carlisle. - She tells the Cullen patriarch, who smiles at her.

-Nothing to thank for. - The man assures.

Edward leaves one last kiss on Alli's lips before letting his soulmate go with Rosalie to the balcony.

-You got no respect for us. We're standing right here and you lovebirds are kissing. - Emmett gags. Alessandra stops on her tracks and turns to him. She flips him off before resuming her way to the balcony. - Hey! Your soulmate just insulted me! - He complains to Edward, who laughs and shakes his head.

Alessandra walks out into the balcony silently but Rosalie manages to hear. The girl closes the door, the blonde turning her back on her.

-I don't wanna hear any of Emmett's sick jokes about you becoming a newborn. - The blonde warns, without turning to her.

-I don't want to talk about that, just wanted to see if you're okay. - Alessandra admits, Rosalie nodding immediately while turning around.

-Alli, I envy you. - The vampire announces, provoking the mentioned one to frown.

-What? It's completely ridiculous that you envy me. - Alli approaches her sister-in-law, standing beside her.

-No, it's not. You can choose, unlike me. - Rosalie turns to her, shaking her head. - None of us can, but you can. And you're making the wrong choice.