𝟑𝟖. 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

Edward keeps hugging Alessandra, lying on her bed

Edward keeps hugging Alessandra, lying on her bed. The girl lets out a few tears compared to minutes ago. She had calmed down in a certain way.

-They lied to me, Edward. I'm Aro's biological daughter. - Alli closes her eyes, getting closer to her partner's body. - M-My life wasn't as perfect as I thought at some point.

Edward stays silent, without knowing what to say. He keeps rubbing her back and leaving small kisses on her head. The soulmate couple stays in the position, until the guy notices his partner's breathing became slow. He looks down at Alessandra's face, finding her asleep. He smiles lightly before leaning down to kiss his soulmate's forehead.

-Everything will be okay, sweetheart. - He assures in a whisper, aware she can't hear him.

Carlo and Bianca stay in the living room, trying to calm down.

-I gotta call Beatrice. - The woman suddenly gets up from the couch, grabbing the house telephone.

Carlo keeps quiet, watching how his wife dials his sister-in-law's number. The man looks around the room, until his eyes fall on a portait. Alessandra is ten years old in there, finding herself riding her bike at a park. Bianca goes behind her while Carlo was the one taking the picture.

-My little girl. - He whispers, feeling terrible. Recalling the girl's face when discovering they're not her real parents.

-Beatrice, Alessandra knows. - Bianca speaks as soon as her sister answered the call.

-How does she know? Who told her? - Beatrice asks fearfully.

-S-She asked us. Carlo and I had no choice but to tell her the truth. - Bianca admits, wiping her tears.

-Aro... Aro told her. - Beatrice whispers, certain.

-I don't who the hell Aro is, but I've lost my daughter, Beatrice. I've lost Alessandra affection. - Bianca sneeres, starting to cry again.

-That's not true. Alessandra still loves you two. She's just startled at the moment. - Beatrice assures, knowing her daughter.

-You have to talk to her. It's been enough lies. You must explain everything to her. - Bianca orders desperately.

-Is Alessandra still with you? - Beatrice asks nervously, walking side to side.

-Yeah, she's in her room with her partner.

-Her partner?

-Alessandra found her soulmate. Edward Cullen. - Bianca closes her eyes for a moment, trying to calm down.

-D-Do you think you could ask her to come here? W-We have to talk in private.

-I always have to do everything for you, Beatrice, and I'm sick of it. - The youngest sister complains, exhausted. - You tell Alessandra you want to talk to her. She's your daughter! Start with the idea that she's always needed you! Act like a real mother for once!

Bianca leaves the telephone in its place, letting out a long sigh, showing her frustration.

-You did the right thing. - Carlo approaches his wife to hug her from behind.

Edward closes his eyes, feeling tired after almost a century. He starts falling asleep bit by bit, until snapping them open due to a phone ringing. He looks at the nightstand, seeing a black wireless telephone.

Alessandra furrows her eyebrows, groaning in annoyance by the noise. Edward takes the phone and answers, without separating from the girl.

-Yes? Hello? - He whispers, glancing at his soulmate, whose frown disappeared.

Beatrice frowns with confusion by hearing the voice of a boy. Was Alessandra's throat sore and was the reason she sounded like that?

-Alessandra?

-No, it's Edward Cullen. Alessandra's partner. - Edward explains, without changing the tone of his voice. - She finds herself asleep at the moment.

-Ohh, you are my daughter's soulmate. - Beatrice smiles, Edward grimacing by the woman's words.

-You must be Beatrice, Alessandra's biological mother. - He looks down at the girl, who slightly moves in his arms.

-Y-Yes, I am her mother. - Beatrice affirms, lowering her voice.

-Alessandra isn't feeling very well at the moment. She just fell asleep. - Edward rubs the girl's back.

-Yes, I understand. Surely the news had a great impact on her. - The woman assures, imagining Alli's reaction when discovering her past. - I was calling to ask her to come see me. I suppose she has several questions, and I'm determined to respond all of them.

-I'll try to convince her to go see you tomorrow. - Edward doubts of his partner will want to see her mother.

-Thank you. - Beatrice hesitates on saying something else, but pulls the phone apart from her ear and hangs up. Leaving Edward confused.

The green-eyed guy leaves the phone in its place and turns back to Alessandra, who has kept herself sleeping deeply. Edward smiles tenderly, pulling her closer to his chest. Alli smiles lightly in her sleep.

-I love you. - She whispers, still asleep.

Edward widens his eyes and frowns at her. He realizes she's still asleep, for which he sighs.

-I love you, too. - He whispers back before kissing his soulmate's forehead lovingly.

 - He whispers back before kissing his soulmate's forehead lovingly

♥️Well today was quite boring, to be honest.

♥️I went to a restaurant to with the friend I share most of my stupidness. His mom calls us compañeros de huevadas. Which is, in fact, totally accurate.

♥️Then, when I was back home, my mom took my sister to the beauty salon. So I was home alone. I didn't do much compared to what I usually do. I just watched The Others with Nicole Kidman.