𝟐𝟐. 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

-Have you heard something about Edward? - Alice asks, exiting Alessandra's room

-He just said he wants to be alone. He asked us to take care of Alessandra at all times. - Rosalie explains with a grimace.

-How could he leave just like that when Alessandra needs him the most? - Alice crosses her arms, shaking her head in disappointment.

-I suppose he doesn't accept the idea of losing her. He calls everyday to know how she's doing anyway. - Esme half-smiles at the pixie-haired.

-I wanna punch Edward so bad right now. - Alice admits.

-Let's leave him alone for a few more days. He has to process everything that's happened in such short time. - Carlisle explains.

Alice nods slowly before reentering the human's room. She sits by her side, taking her hand, sighing.

-Things haven't been going well, Alli. Edward's gone on his own a few days ago. He hasn't wanted to talk to me for some reason, but he still keeps an eye on you. He always call to see how you're doing. - The vampire grimaces. She turns to the girl, noticing how the human furrows her eyebrows. The vampire stands up, approaching her sister-in-law. - Alessandra? - Alice speaks, slightly excited.

The mentioned one keeps her eyebrows furrowed, until slowly opening her eyes. She gets used to the light, and, seconds later, looks around with confusion. Alice smiles with excitement, and runs out of the room to call Carlisle. Alessandra looks at her hands, noticing a pulse oximeter on her index finger along an IV. The brown-haired takes the oxygen mask off and touches her forehead when feeling a slight pain.

-Alessandra. - The girl looks up, finding two unknown people and a doctor. He approaches her, checking her pulse and analyzing her pupils before calling a nurse. - Do you know where you are? - He asks her, who shakes her head "no".

-N-No. How did I get here? - The girl asks, confused.

-You had an accident. You hit your head. - The doctor explains, half-smiling.

-Alli, you're awake. - Alice speaks with excitement.

-I-I don't know... Who are you? - The girl inquires fearfully.

The pixie-haired's smile fades before turning worriedly to Carlisle and the doctor, who share glances.

-I-I'm Alice. Your sister-in-law. - The vampire explains.

-M-My sister-in-law? I have a partner? - Alessandra asks, more confused than before.

-I think it's best of you leave. I gotta revise the patient and run a few tests. - The doctor tells Carlisle and Alice, who slowly nods.

The girl glances at Alessandra one last time before getting out of the room along with her father. Once out, they're intercepted by the the family, who have a dreamy smile.