40 - Meeting Mommy

"You're late," Mina said, smiling hugely as she reached up and threw her arms around Katsuki's neck, yanking him down to give him a bear hug that would put his brothers' sad attempts to shame. "I missed you."

Closing his eyes, he returned his sister's hug and chuckled. "You saw me last week."

"It was a short visit," she pointed out as she released her hold on him and headed back towards the kitchen.

"I had somewhere to be," he lied, rubbing the back of his neck as he followed his sister.

"Sure you did," she said, sending him a mischievous smile over her shoulder as she pushed the swinging door open.

Katsuki walked in, expecting to find his mother arranging large bowls and platters of food, only to find his father standing in the middle of the kitchen with a large bowl of mashed potatoes in his arms.

When his father's gaze locked on Mina, he shot her that warm, sappy smile that belonged to his only baby girl.

That smile quickly disappeared when he looked up and saw Katsuki standing in the kitchen. Jaw clenched firmly, he walked past Katsuki, pointedly looking straight ahead.

"I do so love these family dinners," Katsuki muttered, rubbing his hands down his face.

"Why don't you just tell Dad that you-"

"Don't," he said, dropping his hands by his sides, "Just don't."

"Sorry," Mina said, giving him a small smile as she grabbed a large platter of fried chicken.

"Don't worry about it," he said, sighing heavily as he looked around the large kitchen. "Where's Mom?"

"She spilled gravy on herself and had to go change," she said with a shrug.

He gestured absently behind him. "I wanted her to meet Izuku."

The smile on Mina's face slowly turned to horror as his words registered. "You brought your boyfriend here?"

"Yes."

"Where is he?" she demanded, shoving the platter of chicken in his hands.

"In the front hall with everyone," he said, wondering what her problem was.

"You left him with our brothers? Are you out of your damn mind?" she demanded, shoving past him and making him realize what he'd just done.

He'd left his Tinkerbelle alone...

With his cousins...

And his brothers...

Who all thought it was their job to look after him.

Shit.

He dropped the platter on the kitchen counter by the door and shoved past his sister at a dead run.

He was halfway down the hallway when he realized the large foyer where he'd left Izuku with his brothers and asshole cousins was empty.

By the time he'd reached the stairs, the cries to stop had started.

"Please stop!" Izuku cried, sounding out of breath.

Katsuki was going to fucking kill them, he swore as he followed the sounds of his boy's pleas.

He couldn't believe how stupid he'd been to leave him like that. He'd known better than to leave him with them, but he hadn't been thinking.

He hated coming here, hated seeing his father, hated the reminder that his father hadn't spoken a word to him since the night before he'd run off to enlist.

But most of all, he hated the fact that his father looked at him as though he was a stranger.

"No, I can't take it anymore! Please stop!" Tinkerbelle cried, sobbing hysterically as Katsuki rounded the corner and ran down the hallway where he used to race his matchbox cars with his brothers late at night when their parents had gone to bed.

Katsuki ran down the hall, shoved the double doors to the family room open and decided then and there that he was definitely going to kill his brothers.

*****

"Please, stop!" Izuku cried, gasping for air as he tried to stop laughing, but he just couldn't, not with all seven of Katsuki's brothers and cousins shoving the most embarrassing pictures they could find of Katsuki in his face.

"Wait! I found the home videos!" Hitoshi announced triumphantly as he held up a large stack of DVDs.

"You... Bastards!" Katsuki snarled as the photo album on his lap was suddenly yanked away.

"Oh, come on!" his brothers whined as Katsuki snatched the rest of the photo albums away from them.

"Betraying bastards," Katsuki grumbled with a murderous glare aimed at his brothers and cousins as he slammed the photo albums down on the coffee table.

"Stop being an asshole," Shoji said with a roll of his eyes as he reached down to-

"Ow!" he yelped as Katsuki grabbed his hand and with a simple twist of his wrist and dropped his brother to his knees.

"The next person that shows my boyfriend a picture of me wearing one of Mom's bras is a dead man!" Katsuki snarled, using his hold on his brother's hand to make his point.

"Let go, you bastard!" Shoji yelled, gasping in pain as Katsuki added a little more pressure to drive his point home.

Izuku should be concerned about Katsuki's brother, but...

"There's a picture of you wearing a bra?" he asked, shooting a hopeful glance towards the pile of photo albums and wondering if it would be possible to get a copy blown up for his wall.

"Don't even think about it, Deku," Katsuki said, throwing him a menacing look that once upon a time would have cowed him.

But now, it just made him mumble under his breath and shake his head as he got to his feet and walked around Katsuki to find that picture for himself.

"I was just a kid. It was a lost bet."

Izuku heard a muttered curse and then he found himself pulled into Katsuki's arms and his lips pressed against his.

"Be nice, Tinkerbelle, or I won't show you my old tree house."

"You had a tree house?" he asked, smiling against the man's lips as he imagined a mini-Katsuki holing up in his tree house, warding off his territory from his younger siblings.

"Yes, he did and I could only get him to come out for dinner," a woman with a huge smile said, as Katsuki stepped back.

"Babe, this is my mother," Katsuki said, leaning down to kiss his mother on the cheek.

"Mom, this is my boyfriend- Mom?"

"Mrs. Bakugo?" Izuku asked, panic taking over as he reached for the older woman just as her eyes rolled in the back of her head and she fainted.