24 - Missing Keys

"I hear it skips a generation."

"That would explain it," Tenya said conversationally as the three of them walked around the library, trying to see if any of the structure could be saved and reused in the new building.

"It would definitely explain a few things," Mirio said as he placed an orange sticker on an ornate bookshelf by the wall, marking it as reusable.

Katsuki ignored them as he'd been doing since they'd arrived an hour ago and focused on the job he'd been hired to do and the little librarian that seemed to be going out of his way to avoid him.

That was fine with him since the marine in him was more than up for a challenge, and Izuku was definitely a challenge, he decided, as he casually tracked his every move.

"Do you want some advice?" Mirio asked as he knelt down to check the molding that ran along the edge of the wall.

"No," he said, making a few notes on his iPad as he ignored his cousins.

Tenya sighed heavily from his right. "I'm afraid that you're going to need our expertise on the matter, if you want to win over your future husband."

Without looking up from his notes, Katsuki pointed out, "Mirio had to kidnap Nejire to get her to marry him and even then, she only did it out of pity and didn't Ochaco marry you because she lost a bet?"

He ignored their outraged gasps and watched the object of his desire bend over to put together another box and had to bite back a groan.

Gosh, Izuku had a great ass.

A week ago he would have been able to ignore him and focus on the job, but that damn shower...

Over the years, he'd seen his fair share of naked men and women, and he'd never reacted this way to any of them.

He couldn't stop thinking about Izuku or just how good it had felt to run his hands over him before pain had shot through them and they'd eventually gone numb.

Even after he'd lost all feeling in his hands, he'd still enjoyed the experience. There was just something about watching his hands run over the boy's smooth, soft skin that had left him mesmerized.

Even the pain that came and went in his hands hadn't been able to take away his enjoyment in touching Izuku. The pain had kept him from showing Izuku just how much he liked seeing his hands on the boy, but it hadn't been enough to keep him from imagining more.

"We need to get this building inventoried before tomorrow," he said, forcing his thoughts away from Tinkerbelle and all the things he would love to do to make his little neighbor light up.

Mirio nodded as he looked over his notes. "I'll go check the basement and see if they're ready to start moving everything out."

"I'll start taking down the doors and everything else the Council wants to reuse," Tenya said, giving him a pointed look before he shifted his gaze to where Izuku stood who is glaring down at the clipboard in his dainty hands as the small man tried to pretend that he wasn't there.

Well, Katsuki couldn't very well allow that now, could he?

*****

That cocky, glitter encouraging, parking spot stealing, pizza teasing, kissing bastard was walking towards Izuku, again.

All afternoon and most of the morning, Katsuki had been doing everything within his power to drive him out of his freaking mind!

Everywhere he went, Katsuki followed. Every time he looked over his shoulder, Katsuki was there, watching him with a touch of that smug grin of his that normally made his hands twitch with the need to throttle him, but now...

Now, he had absolutely no idea what he wanted.

Katsuki was driving him out of his mind and there was nothing that he could do about it.

It seemed that Katsuki Bakugo was in charge of rebuilding the library, something that he really wished he'd known before he'd agreed to work this summer.

Okay, so he didn't have much of a choice since he needed the money to pay off the debt the asshole had left him with, but still...

A little warning that he was going to be stuck spending the summer with the bane of his existence would have been nice, especially since Katsuki seemed intent on driving him out of his damn mind.

He didn't know what kind of game the man was playing, but the man was definitely playing with him.

It was the only explanation that he could come up with that would explain how Katsuki had gone from tormenting him, to acting like he wanted nothing more than to strip every last inch of clothing from his body and-

What the hell was wrong with him?

He didn't have time for Katsuki or his games.

He had a job to do, an insane amount of debt that wasn't his to pay off and he absolutely had no idea how to handle a man like Katsuki Bakugo.

He was definitely in over his head here. He knew that much at least.

"What are you doing, Tink?" his tormentor asked as the man stopped beside him, looking relaxed, cocky and incredibly handsome.

Yup, definitely in over his head.

"Looking for my keys," he said, doubling his efforts to find them.

"Do you want some help?" Katsuki drawled lazily as he leaned back against the wall.

"No, thank you," he said, wondering when he was going to catch a break.

Five minutes later, after Izuku had finished searching his desk and his bag for the third time, he'd decided that today definitely was not his day.

That opinion was only confirmed a minute later when he grabbed his bag, gave Katsuki a muttered, "Have a good night," and headed to the front doors only to discover that sometime during his mad search for his keys, it had started to rain.

Well, downpour really was a much more fitting description, he decided, as he stepped back inside and pulled out his phone.

Ten phone calls and twenty texts later and he was cursing all of his friends to hell and back.

They were all either at work or trying to get to work and couldn't swing by and pick him up. For a moment, he stared down at his phone, wondering if he should call his father and then decided against it.

With the way things were going right now, it would probably only take one of his father's warm smiles to get him to breakdown and admit that he wasn't doing so well.

He didn't want his father to have to shoulder his responsibilities for him. His old man had been through enough over the past few years without having to add his problems into the mess.

"Need a ride?" the man that he really wished he could stop thinking about asked.

Izuku glanced outside, looking for any sign that the rain would let up soon so that he could make the five-mile walk home without the risk of drowning, but it didn't look good.

As he stood there, absently watching as a trash barrel was swept down the street with the rain, he realized that he had to make a decision.

He could either stay here searching for his keys and waiting for the rain to stop, call a taxi and hope that the driver will accept a smile and a thank you as payment enough since he was broke, call his father, or he could accept a ride from the man that was driving him crazy.

In the end, it was the library suddenly losing power and his phone dying that had Izuku closing his eyes, sighing in defeat and accepting Katsuki's offer with a mumbled, "I could definitely use a ride," that sealed his fate.