26 - Accumulating Unknown Dates

"You can't ban all of us!"

"This is bullshit!"

"I wasn't even home!"

"You made a grown man cry!" Someone, probably the cop, yelled.

"When will this night end?" Izuku asked no one in particular as he rubbed his temples.

"Probably not for a while, " Katsuki admitted, sounding oddly defeated as he sat there, staring at the destruction that had once been his living room.

"Probably not," he murmured in agreement as he looked around the living room and took in the damage.

Izuku toed the remains of Katsuki's coffee table, still amazed over the amount of damage that three men fighting over pizza could do in less than a minute.

And yes, he was definitely sure that the damage to Katsuki's apartment had only taken a minute, because when the door burst opened, he'd been looking down at Katsuki's cell phone.

By the time he'd looked up, the door was falling off its hinges, the coffee table was in pieces, the television was smashed, the large leather chair that had actually looked pretty comfortable was in three pieces, a window had been smashed and there were five very large, and very noticeable holes marring Katsuki's living room walls and only one minute had passed.

"I'm gonna need a rain check," Katsuki said, drawing Izuku's attention away from the electrical socket hanging by its wires from the wall.

"A rain check for what?"

Katsuki sighed heavily as he stood up and held his hand out to him. "For our date."

"Our... date?" he asked slowly, wondering if Katsuki had hit his head when his cousins tackled him.

The man nodded as he reached down and took the decision out of his hand.

"I'm afraid that I'm going to have to regroup," Katsuki said, taking Izuku's hand and gently pulling him to his feet.

"Regroup... "

"Mmhmm," Katsuki murmured, entwining his fingers with his as he raised their hands and pressed a kiss against the back of Izuku's hand. "Just a day or two to fix this."

"A day or two," he repeated numbly as he allowed his gaze to run over the destruction.

"Are you going to repeat everything that I say?" Katsuki asked teasingly with a sexy little smile that had Izuku revisiting that whole brain injury idea.

"Yes," he said, nodding as he allowed Katsuki to lead him to his apartment door.

Katsuki was forced to release his hand so that he could grab the door and move it aside, so they could go into the hallway where his cousins were still arguing with the cops and the manager from Domino's.

"And this wasn't a date."

"Yes, it was," Katsuki said, reaching into his pocket and pulling out-

"You stole my keys?" he demanded when Katsuki proceeded to unlock his door and open it wide for him.

"Of course I did," Katsuki said, smiling down at him.

"Wow... " he said, shaking his head in disbelief. "And why exactly did you do that?"

"It seemed necessary at the time," the man said sheepishly.

"Uh huh," Izuku said, staring up at Katsuki as he tried to make sense of this man.

After a minute, he decided that it was simply impossible and gave up.

"I'm going to bed. Have a good night," he said, suddenly feeling exhausted.

"Good night, Tinkerbelle," came the response that had Izuku shaking his head and resisting the urge to remind Katsuki that his name wasn't Tinkerbelle, but he was too tired to argue with him right now.

Izuku walked into his room, grabbed his favorite pair of sweatpants, a t-shirt and headed to his bathroom.

He tore his clothes off along the way, tossing them aside as he headed for his sanctuary.

Five minutes later, he was soaking in a hot bath, savoring the moist warmth seeping into his bones and the scent of lavender surrounding him as he closed his eyes, and fantasized that he lived in a world where men didn't ditch their fiancés the day before their wedding, destroy their credit, steal their life savings, humiliate them, leave them destitute and jobless and with no other choice but to move in across the hall from incredibly sexy ex-marines who went from getting a kick out of screwing with his head one day to undressing him with his crimson eyes the next.

In this fantasy, Izuku still had his job at the museum.

The promotion- that Monoma had stolen behind his back- was his. His credit was still perfect, his bank account healthy and his biggest problem was deciding between sleeping in on the weekend or spending the day reading, curled up on the couch.

He'd never accepted Monoma's invitation for coffee, had seen the prick for the jerk that he really was.

Things were the way that they were meant to be, should be.

But all too soon, he was forced to come back to reality.

His bath water had long since gone cold, he was exhausted and all he wanted to do was to crawl in bed and pretend that getting up at six in the morning was his choice.

Yawning, he reached over and pulled the drain as a slight shiver shook him. Freezing, he stood up and grabbed a towel, quickly drying off, eager to crawl into his warm bed.

Biting back another yawn, he got dressed and opened the bathroom door. He couldn't wait to-

"Romantic comedy or a horror flick?" the bastard lounging on his bed, next to a monster size bowl of popcorn asked as he stood there, staring dumbly at Katsuki while he tried to make sense of what he was seeing.

This couldn't be happening.

It just... couldn't...

Izuku closed his eyes, counted to ten and opened them only to close them again, counted to hundred, praying that Katsuki would just take pity on him and take a hint and get out of his apartment before he opened his eyes again.

Nope, still there, he realized as he opened his eyes to find Katsuki holding up two DVDs and sending him an incredibly sexy smile that had him shaking his head.

"You need to leave," he said, ignoring Katsuki's smile as he gestured for him to get his ass off his bed and get the hell out of his apartment.

Katsuki sighed heavily as he tossed the DVDs aside. "You're canceling another date."

"Another date?" he repeated back, realizing that he was starting to sound like a parrot, thanks to the bastard.

Katsuki nodded, looking boyish as he explained, "Our third date."

"Our third date... " he repeated, wondering how'd he missed the first and second date, but he didn't have to wonder for very long.

"Our first date last night when you kicked me out for work and earlier tonight when we had to call it an early night because of the... incident," Katsuki said with a shrug as though that horrifying experience that he'd somehow survived was no big deal.

"Those weren't dates," Izuku pointed out between clenched teeth. "And neither is this."

"Wow," Katsuki said, shaking his head as though he just couldn't believe what he was hearing, "I can't believe that you keep leading me on like this."

"I never led you on!"

"It's really not nice leading guys on, Tinkerbelle," Katsuki said in a chiding tone as he climbed off the bed.

"Oh my gosh! Are you insane?"

"Probably," came the unconcerned answer as the man walked up to him and cupped his face in his large, warm hand and caressed his cheek with the pad of his thumb before speaking again.

"Now, why don't you tell me why you're scared of me?"