Shot

Lilly's pov:

I dropped the gun as soon as I realized what I did.

I shot him.
I shot Lorenzo.

I was so angry that I didn't notice him grabbing my arm.

He grunted in pain.
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" my panicked voice said. What have I just done? Why am I so stupid? I just stood there while he was shot.

I was surrounded by guards twice the size of me. They were grabbing their guns ready to point towards me. I put my hands up in defeat. Two started coming closer and grabbed me by my arms. "Ty zastrelil nashego bossa" one said. Which language was he speaking?
(Russian: you shot our boss)

Another grunt came from behind me, I looked back and saw Lorenzo passed out on the floor. I tried working my way out of them but they were too strong.
I yelled "would you just let me go or I'll shoot you all" not that that was going to happen but they finally let me go and I sprinted towards him.

His eyes were still open but the wound kept bleeding "someone get a doctor! Quick!" What have I done, he couldn't die. Not on my watch. There was nothing to put pressure on his wound so I took off my shirt and placed it on the gunshot.

His eyes widened as he saw what I was wearing. I was just in my bra, a bit see through. "Don't put your energy in staring at my boobs, try to stay alive." I quickly laughed as his head fell down. I cupped his face in my hands and put his head on my lap.

"Listen Enzo, you're going to be fine, you're okay right?" I tried reassuring him.
"I love it when you say my name like that," he says, looking me in the eye.
"Enzo isn't your real name. Your name is Lorenzo, it's just a nickname" he smiled a bit. "God I love that"
"Your name?"
"Only when you say it"
"Enzo or Lorenzo?" He closed his eyes and tilted his head back on my lap, a smile appeared on his lips. Dimples appeared.

"Wanne know a secret?" I whispered. He nodded his head.
"I like it when you call me Lilly"

I gently stroked his hair while he fell asleep on my lap. The doctor was stitching the wound but he didn't show any reaction or woke up. I wonder what he was dreaming about.

The doctor left with everybody else. It was just us on the ground and the bloodied chairs from the people I shot. I wasn't expecting to feel like this, somewhat I felt relieved. It is the opposite of what I thought I was going to feel when I took someone's life away but they deserved it. They put me through hell and this was their payback. I didn't take away someone's son or brother. I took away an abuser and a terrible person.

I finally did something for myself and it felt good.

A shaking feeling when on my lap, I looked down and Enzo was shaking his head like he didn't want it. His hands followed, he was fighting something.
"NO!"
he shot up and all I could see was fear in his eyes. His breathing so heavy and loud. I froze as I saw him like this.

He saw me sitting on the floor and lifted me in his arms hugging me so tightly. It felt like he was breaking my ribs.

"You're hurting me a bit" I squealed.
"You're alive" he said, I was confused by what he said. "Ofcourse I am alive, nothing happened to me compared to you. You could have been dead. I almost killed you" I said jokingly.

He hugged me harder and twirled me around "you're alive" he whispered again. He puts me on the ground and placed his hand in mine. "Why wouldn't I be alive?" I asked out of curiosity. "Something bad happened in my dream. Clara and you died" I was shocked by what he said.

"It was just a nightmare, nothing will happen. We are safe with you" I kissed him on the cheek and hugged him again. Now I understand why he almost hugged me to death.

"Right, you're safe with me and I will never let anything happen to you"
"I know"