Question

Lillian's pov:

*a few days later*

I was bouncing Clara in my lap. I threw her in the air and she let out a big laugh.

I was feeling a lot better, my bruises were less painful and I had more energy. Lorenzo insisted that I laid down and rested. It was boring laying down in bed and staring at the ceiling.

All my stuff was at home and I was scared to ask Lorenzo if we could go there.

I don't know what I will do, Lorenzo was very protective. I couldn't go to school, I couldn't go outside or to my house.

We hadn't talked about what happened. I only saw him a couple of times and we didn't talk then. It was so confusing and I needed answers.

I knocked on Lorenzo's office door. "Yes," a sharp voice said. I peeked my head through the door "can we talk?" He turned around
"Lillian your supposed to be resting"

"Im feeling a lot better and I get bored" I seated myself on an empty chair. I grounded a bit, it still hurts a bit "it's okay" I said before he wanted to say something. His eyes were worried.

I was playing with my hands since I wasn't wearing jewelry.
"What happened?" I went straight to the point, his face knew what I was talking about.

We hadn't had a proper conversation since I woke up here,

Flashbacks came to my mind,
I didn't know where I was and my body hurted like shit, my father choking me and beating me. Suddenly Lorenzo stood there and then there was a doctor.

I haven't had time to process it all, what happened to me, my mind was going over all the things I avoided thinking of, all the things that I locked up were coming back.

"Lillian" I looked up to see Lorenzo standing over me. "I called your name 3 times, what's wrong?" his voice was louder.
"Nothing, just something that came to my mind"

He sat back and started talking
"After you texted me you were with friends I called your dad because I didn't believe you. He said you were sick, of course the story didn't match with yours so I went to your house. I found you sleeping with bruises all over your body. One of my men took you and brought you to my house, the rest you know."

"And what now, I am better"

"You will live with me, I am not letting you go back there Lillian" his voice was raising. He just thinks I am going to live with him. I barely know him.

"Why can't I go back home?" I didn't want Zane to be left alone. I will deal with my father later. "Your home isn't safe Lillian, whoever did this to you lives in that house and will regret it."
I had the feeling he was getting angrier and angrier.

"I will live with you but we need some agreements and I need to pick stuff up at my house." If I was living here I needed to be secure nothing would happen.

"I can buy you stuff" Lorenzo was back at his desk writing something. "It's personal stuff and my parents are away for the weekend so if I want to go it's tomorrow."

"Fine" he signed

"Thank you" I walked out and realized I will be living here for a while, I will still search for an apartment.

*1 day later*

I didn't text Zane I was coming, I wanted it to be a surprise. Lorenzo insisted that he and a few of his men would come with me.

We were driving to my house, it was silent. I wore sweatpants and a hoodie. It was the hoodie he gave me the other night, I wear it because it's so comfortable.

"Who hurts you Lillian?" I looked at him, he was already staring at me. "It doesn't matter"
I looked outside to the mountains. I know he wasn't pleased with that answer but it was all I could give him. If I told him it was my dad things wouldn't end well.

The rest of our ride was silent.

We arrived and I was excited to see Zane. I didn't figure out how I would tell him I will be living with someone else and what his reaction would be like.

I opened the door and saw everything, the wall my dad almost killed me, the couch where Zane and I would watch movies, the kitchen I cooked with my mom. All these memories flew at me.

Lorenzo was behind me inspecting everything.

"I am going to my room and saying goodbye to my brother, I will be back in 30 minutes" the packing wouldn't take long, saying goodbye to Zane was going to take long.

I jogged to my room and started packing. I packed most of my clothes, school stuff and some random things.

I sat the boxes near my door so they would pick it up easily.
I was preparing myself to go to Zane's room. I grabbed tissues because I knew I was going to cry.

We never knocked on each others door, we just stormed in.