Goh - Summer Lovin'

Start from the beginning

That proved to not be true. Work got on Camille and Walker's back about deadlines that they couldn't refuse, even though this was approved vacation time to be with their son.

While they worked, Goh spent more and more time with [Name]. They did cookouts together, explored the reefs, underwater caves at low tide, bonfires with s'mores, and growing closer with each day. Tourists and locals alike would see the two together, one always pulling the other along by the hand and Goh's Sobble always staying close to [Name]'s Frillish with hearts in its eyes.

There was one day though, where [Name] and Frillish couldn't find Goh or Sobble. "Where could he be..he should be here somewhere.." [Name]'s heart filled with panic. Goh was her best friend whom she'd grown a very fond affection for, but once the summer was over, Goh would be leaving. That thought broke her heart. But now she couldn't find him, shrinking the already limited time they had together. "Do you know where he or Sobble could be..?" She asked her Frillish. Frillish didn't answer and instead started floating toward one of the cliffs overseeing the water. [Name] chased after it, hoping it would lead her to Goh.

She did finally find him and Sobble. Sitting near the cliff against a rock, with his knees pulled to his chest. She could hear him sniffling and talking to Sobble. "It's not fair Sobble...they're always working. This was supposed to be our family vacation. To make up for all the time they're gone...but they had to work anyway.." tears slipped down his cheek, and Sobble put a gentle hand on his leg. Goh sniffled and looked at him. "At least we have [Name] and Frillish right Sobble?" Sobble let out a sound of agreement as Goh wiped away his tears. "She's been the best part about this trip... even of mom and dad couldn't spend time with us..[Name] did.." He looked out over the ocean again, "I wish we didn't have to leave them.. I know you'll miss her Frillish, huh?" He could swear Sobble was blushing. "I really like [Name] Sobble..." [Name] felt her face heat up at Goh's confession.

She quickly rummaged in the bag at her side, ensuring her surprise was still with her. Once she did, she walked over to Goh. "Goh?" He nearly jumped a foot in the air. "[N-Name]!? You found me?" She smiled and sat next to him so their shoulders were touching. "Sorta, Frillish, I think, found Sobble." She gestured toward the two pokemon, who were also spending time together. "I'm sorry you didn't get to spend as much time as you wanted with your parents.." She said softly, leaning her head on Goh's shoulder. Goh sighed, leaning his head on hers. "Thanks..but on the bright side I met you! We got to spend a whole summer together!" "Yea.. I wish you didn't have to leave soon..." "Me too.." He reached for her hand, squeezing it tightly. They sat together like that in silence for a few minutes more: watching the ocean, listening to the crashing of the waves, and enjoying each other's company.

"Oh! I almost forgot!" [Name] carefully sat up and brought her bag to her lap, "I wanted to make something for you!" She proceeded to pull out multi colored strings, shells, and sea glass out of her bag. "I.. I wanted to make a wish bracelet for you...so...so you don't forget me when you leave.." Her eyes met his. "I could never forget you [Name]...." Goh said softly. "Can I make one for you too?" "Yea! And I can make one for Frillish to give to Sobble!" Goh's eyes lit up, "That's a great idea! I'll do the same for Sobble to give to Frillish!"

You spent the afternoon weaving together bracelets for one another. The bracelet you made for Frillish to give to Sobble was pink and white with small white shells threaded through. The bracelet Goh made for Sobble to give to Frillish was blue and yellow, with a single dark blue piece of sea glass. You both smiled wide as you watched your pokemon exchange them. You helped Frillish attach it to one of her tentacles while Goh put Sobble's on its wrist. "Perfect! Now make a wish you two! The wish will come true once the bracelets fall off, so you can't take them off yourself!"

"Here [Name].." Goh nudged you and tied a red and black bracelet with colorful sea glass around it. You admired it and smiled, now taking the time to place your bracelet on Goh's wrist. It was [#1 Fav. Color] and [#2 Fav. Color] with shells threaded throughout. "Make a wish!"

'I wish to be able to see [Name] again..'

'I wish to be able to see Goh again...'

-End of Flashback-

"Wow Goh! That's a great friend you made then!" Ash's reply came from the phone, but Goh stared at the bracelet on his wrist. "Yea..mom and dad had to cut the vacation short though...we left that night...I didn't even get to say goodbye..." Tears threatened to spill from Goh's eyes. "Hey it'll be ok..I know you and Sobble will see them again.."

-Seven Years Later-

Goh and his now Inteleon returned to Undella Town in the Unova region. He was trying to catch all the Unova pokemon, and his journey had brought him here. "This is.." Goh mumbled, now older and more handsome. All the memories of that summer as a kid came flooding back. "Inteleon!" He released his pokemon. Inteleon stretched out its arms, letting the wish bracelet on its wrist fall a little. "Remember this place buddy? I wonder if they're even still here.." Goh's thoughts drifted back to [Name]. His first, and really only, love. He remembered everything about her. Her smile, her eyes bright with the setting sun, her wet hair from the ocean going everywhere.

Inteleon suddenly perked up and looked around. "Something wrong?" He asked it. A large pink Jellicent suddenly disrupted Goh's view of his pokemon as it grappled Inteleon in a tight hug. Inteleon looked so happy and Goh couldn't help feeling he'd known this pokemon from somewhere. "Inteleon?" He asked before his eye caught on something around one of Jellicent's tentacles. "Jellicent! Wait! Don't go hugging random people and pokemon!" Goh's ears perked immediately. He knew that voice. He quickly turned to face the person who just spoke. His eyes widened. She had grown more beautiful since the last day he saw her. "[Name]?" Her eyes landed on him and she skid to a stop. They stared at one another.

[Name] started tearing up, hand moved to cover her mouth. "Goh?" He looked at her wrist. She still had on the bracelet. She started running again, until she jumped into his arms. "Goh!!" She cried. Goh was quick to wrap his arms around her, holding her tightly, as though she could dissapear at any moment. "It's you..it's really you.." Her cry came out muffled in his chest. "I'm here [Name]..I missed you.." He mumbled, stroking her hair softly. She finally looked up at him, tears staining her cheeks. "Y-you were just gone! I didn't get to say goodbye..." Goh cupped her cheek gently, "I'm sorry..I'm sorry for leaving like that..but I'm here now..." She glanced at the hand that was cupping her cheek. "You still have it.." She whispered. Goh moved his face close to hers, so only a centimeter separated their lips. "I promised I wouldn't...my wish still came true even though it didn't fall off.." [Name] glanced at his lips before meeting his eyes again. "Mine too.." She leaned forward to close the distance. Both of them finally getting the kiss they waited seven years for.

 Both of them finally getting the kiss they waited seven years for