Nightmare in the snow, Part four

Sebastian's POV

the return back to the castle was much slower then the warm up to Hogsmeade the snow had thickened and it was difficult to see what was in front of us even with our wands lit, I could tell the charm that Y/N had used to keep herself warm was now fading she was starting to shiver in the cold and I also now regretted not being a jacket, "this is ridiculous I can't see a bloody thing" "don't let Ominis hear you say that" Y/N said chattering her teeth "dame it I wish I wrote down that charm I used this morning" "I can always insult you then you'd warm us both" I said squinting through the distance "you know there are other ways of warming the body Sallow" I smiled at her "no offence but I think my dick would freeze" she punched me hard in the shoulder "ah fuck I was kidding, besides I think you'd cut my hands with those nipples of yours out here" "I will flay alive if you don't shut up" the wind was picking up me and Y/N had wrapped her arms around herself her wand sticking out weirdly, then she stopped suddenly "What?" I said cold and impatient "theses something moving in the snow look" she pointed to her left at something in the distance "stay here" I instructed moving closer to and crouching at first I thought it was a small animal on the ground then once my wand light came into focus I saw what it was "I think that book freaked you out a bit, it's just a old news paper" I picked it up and scanned the page "hang on" I looked closely at what was written "what?" Y/N walked towards me slipping slightly on the icy path, I grabbed her arm before she feel and she steady herself then we both read what was on the paper.

Ministry mysteries

' The Ministry of Magic has now found a solution to its law enforcement problems with finding a new way of catching crooks with this tool we are able to successfully identify, capture and imprison dark witches and wizards that are using any forms of illegal magic, including the unforgivable curses, those who have used these curses on another Witch, wizard or muggle will be found and arrested and immediately sent to Azkaban any un aged Witch or Wizard will face similar consequences'

I looked at Y/N who was looking at the page in horror and snatch it from me shaking "no, no this can't be right, it's impossible" I watched her as she re read the paper five times muttering "but, but" I put my hand on her shoulder "hey" "this must of only just happened, they can't have known before and if they did you wouldn't be here but you are here but you had the trace still on you" she was becoming hysterical now the paper shaking violently in her hands as she spoke "but they can't arrest, it was an accident right? I mean you didn't mean it I was there it was accident yes?" "Hey slow down, look at the date this came out two months ago, and besides maybe their still figuring out how their gonna find these people I mean there are thousands of wizards and witches who use illegal magic the Ministry Isn't going to catch them all" "but" "yes I still had the trace but what does it matter their not gonna waste their time looking for some stupid kid their gonna be chasing the real criminals right?" I pulled her closer to me so I could see her face probably, she looked horrified but nodded then she scrunched up the news paper and tapped her wand with it, it ignited even in the warmth of the flame I felt a cold shiver down my spine but did my best to ignore it as we continued our way back to the castle.

It was stupid not to think that there would be a very high chance the Ministry would find a way to find to detect those who weld dark magic, how could I be so foolish I could I have thought it would be save to return to Hogwarts to try and live a normal life, and what about Y/N she down right referred to turn me in but under what circumstances, was it to watch me live with the constant reminder of being a murder, or did she truely believe I could change after what I did to Solomon, it was impossible to read her thoughts of the matter except she would distance herself if ever the conversation came up, was I making her miserable, and what if I was arrested would she fight or would she watch me be dragged away without even a second thought, "Sebastian are you alright?" I felt something warm touch my leg "what?" I had been so deep in thought that I forgot where I was and remembered that Y/N were having dinner together in the great hall she was sitting very close to me her hand on my leg a concerned look on her face, "sorry just deep in thought" I took her hand and held it, I knew deep down I didn't deserve this feeling of being safe around her, nor how she made me feel wanted and cared for and perhaps even more, she squeezed my hand very tightly still looking at me "You look pale Sebastian, your not still thinking about The daily prophet?" "I just can't shake the feeling I'm going to be taken away from this place, from you, I don't want to burden you anymore then I already-" she took both her hands in mine placed them over her heart and I could feel it beating, it was calm and soothing I felt all negative emotion and though slip away just by this simple moment "your not going anyway and if they do come after you, they'll have to take you from my cold dead hands" I smiled "I'm not sure if I should be concerned or honoured that you would rather die then watch me be taken to Azkaban" "let's just say it'll be a lot of fucken paperwork for them if they tried" I felt myself feeling guilty again and it must of shown because she then put her hands on my cheeks "hey, you are not a burden okay, this is my choice, I chose to not to turn you in, I chose to stay by your side and I will continue to do so regardless what happens" "but what if" "if IF they find you and IF they take you away I will fight for you, because I know the truth I saw what happened it was an accident you were only trying to protect me to protect yourself, it was an honest mistake you just slip up right?" I nodded and took her hands off my face and held them staring into her eyes, the more I looked at her the more I could see she was being sincere, she said she would fight for me, fight the Ministry to keep me from being taken to the dementors, I leaned forward and pressed my forehead against hers and closed my eyes not wanted this warm safe feeling she was seeping into me to go away "Thank you" I whispered I moved her away slightly and kissed the top of my head.