Chapter Nine, The Room of Requirement

Y/N POV

"Eh Sebastian? Are you there?" It was a Saturday evening and Sebastian had sent an owl in which his letter had said to met him in the Library at dawn so after I had finished my evening strolling around the lake I had entered the castle and into the Library which was quiet and empty except for a few Ravenclaw students studying and the librarian Miss Scribner who was putting away a pile of books with much muttering, I walked over to shelves closest to the restricted section looking at the binder of the books in front of me, a few were old history of magic books and tattered books on transfiguration a few were books that looked like they had been set a flame and were poorly put out, a book stood out amount them a gold and brown leathered book with an interesting description written on spine of it all though I couldn't make out what was written there, I felt myself draw closer to it "there you are" Sebastian walked over to me holding a hand full of large leather books and when I didn't answer he looked at what I was staring at "oh you don't want to read that trust me it looks interesting but it feels you with hopelessness" I raised my eyebrow "then why isn't it in the restricted section?" Sebastian took the book off the shelve "because it's not a Hogwarts library book it was purchased at Borgin and Burkes someone's obviously bought it regretted it then tried to hide it amongst the books here but some have picked it up and well not so much a pleased read, I myself found it slightly sickening but I was able to put it down like the rest so now it lives here looking innocent" I looked at the front of the book a green Scarab beetle was stamped on the front with the same foreign lettering embroidered in gold letters just above it's head a small part of me wanted to take the book but Sebastian put it back out of my arms reach "trust me you don't want to read it, it'll give you mess you up", it took a while to stop staring at the book Sebastian steered me away from the book shelf completely and we sat down at a table.

"So find anything?" I said as Sebastian set his pile of books down on the table and sat next to me "no well not in here anyway" he indicated the books "nothing in the restricted section" Sebastian shook us head "no but I did find something interesting in there that could help us" he pulled out a small batted book out of his robe pocket "I didn't know you kept a Diary got any dirty secrets" I shucked as Sebastian scaled at me "very funny no look  I found this hidden in a pile of junk down stairs of the restricted section" he handed me the book it was surprisingly heavy I opened it but "it's stuck?" Sebastian looked slightly grim "I know I've tried everything to open it that is without destroying it" I dug my fingernails into what should of been the pages of the book and tried to prize it open but with no luck "great so we have a jar of mysterious crap and book that won't open" I slammed the book onto the table so loudly that the Ravenclaw who were on the other side of the library looked up and the librarian said "Shh" I folded my arms and sunk into the chair "so why did you take it if you can't open it" I asked watching the Ravenclaws continue their studies "well when I found it eh it was kinda all ready open" I looked at the book and leaned closer "what do you mean kinda all ready opened" Sebastian picked up the book turning it to examine the leather cover "it was upside down under on a pedestal" I raised an eyebrow "and you didn't happen to see what was inside it?" Sebastian leaned back in his chair still looking at the book binding and put a finger on the spine of it "I did it looked like a diagram but then I heard someone coming downstairs so I closed the book and came up here that's when I bumped into you" he set the book back down onto the table we both stared at it for awhile as if this would help open it but it was no good, "wait a moment look!" I picked up the book "there's something on here" "where!" Sebastian leaned forward he was very close to my face for a split second our eyes made contact and both our faces turned away quickly, pink in the face I pointed at the corner of the book there slightly visible was marking as though it had been imprinted into the leather "it's a mooncalf" said Sebastian "wait you said you saw a diagram inside before you closed the book right?" He nodded "perhaps the owner was tracking down mooncalfs?" I traced my finger around the imprint "I don't think so can you describe exactly what the diagram looked like?" He sat back in his seat think "kinda it's all a little blurry" I hit him with the book "Ouch" he rubbed his head "what about now still blurry" he frowned at me "you know for a Gryffindor your very impatient" I raised the book again ready but he had grabbed my wrist and took the book out of my hand "and very violent" he lay the book down and released me "hang on mooncalf dance" "I beg your pardon?" "Listen last night was a full moon this book was opened on a pedestal near some old telescopes" my eyes widen "you don't think this book could be diagrams of mooncalf dances" he shrugged "its a possibility isn't it" I shook my head "look as much as I'm interested in the going ons with mooncalfs but we're meant to be looking for an answer to what's in that jar and-" someone had slammed a pile of books onto our table it was Miss Scribner and she looked livid "The library is closed" we jumped out of our seats and picked up our books then hurried out of the library.

"sheesh who shoved dung up her nose" said Sebastian following me up  the marble stairs case towards Gryffindor tower "listen I didn't just see a diagram in the book I saw a symbol on the corner of the page kinda like the one you described last year that was on the doors from your trials" I stopped dead "you what? Why didn't you saying anything ah you are just so.. so" Sebastian smiled " great yeah I know" I snatched the book out of his hands "idiot" we continued up the stairs until I stopped again "What now?" Sebastian said releasing he had walked a flight of stairs while I was hovering midway "I don't know but I have a theory come on" I took his hand and we ran up to the defence against the dark arts Tower into the astronomy wing towards the tapestry of Barnabas, the balmy trying to teach trolls ballet by the time we reached the wall the door to the room of requirement appeared suddenly as though it knew were in need of it, I reached the door opened and pushed him inside.