Hidden beneath the surface part two

Sebastian's POV

I did my best not to get to close but even in this large tub our eyes would make contact and we would both flush red and look away quickly "it has to be here somewhere" Y/N said in frustration I watched in the corner of my eye and saw her move to the centre of the tub as I continued my own search I looked up at the ceiling and moved backwards until I felt something soft against my back "Do not turn around" and before I could move forward I heard the splashing of water, she had dived down into the water, she quickly emerge out of the water shaking her hair out of her face "I think I saw it hang on" she dived back down I could sense the water rippling around my feet and moved backwards in hopes I wasn't standing on what she was searching for.

she returned out of the water and was quite close to me but she was distracted with what was in her hand it was a glass jar and inside was a dark mass of smoke was billowing around the jar "isn't that the same jar from Isadora's memory?" "I'm not sure I don't think so this looks different" I looked the jar closely it was the same but the longer I looked I could see a blue light inside the dark smoke "I think I see it hang on if this isn't the source of pain from Isadora's father then what is it and where did it come from and" I stopped speaking "what?" I had turned to face the door someone had entered the hall outside the bathroom "Hide" i grabbed Y/N wrist and dragged her behind the pillar waiting "okay I think their gone" I looked away from the door and sighed deeply "okay you can let go of my arm now" I looked at Y/N she was still only the the jar terror in her face "I'm not holding you arm" my face burned "oh eh *cough* um" she moved away blushing "maybe we should get out of here now that we found that" I pointed at the jar as it swelled "all right well you first I'll need a moment" I hoped out of the tub and took out my ward from out of the pocket of my robes that were laying next to hers and tapped the side of my boxer shorts and they became warm and dry, I pulled in my robes and looked around "What's wrong" Y/N said swimming towards the end of the tub preparing herself to jump out "I'm just looking for ah ha" I picked up a white fluffy towel and handed it to her covering my eyes with my other hand "how thoughtful" she said with a hit of sarcasm I heard her hop out of the water and she took the towel after a few embarrassing moments while once again admiring the ceiling she tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around, she was fully clothed and had handed me the jar " reckon you got any book on what this could be?" I stared at her confused "but we all ready know what's in it... don't we?" She shook her head "weren't you listening this isn't the same magic Isadora put under the castle this is different I think it's not the same well" "colour?" I finished "yeah kinda but it's slower and I can see it more clearer" She peered into the jar "all I can see is black smoke with a hint of blue light hiding behind it what exactly can you see?" She pondered for a moment then said "I can see the smoke the light behind it's like it's trying to escape but that's not what's interesting me it's the jar itself it's like it's glowing" I raised my eyebrow "well if your sure I'll see what I can find might have to take a trip to the restricted section shouldn't be too difficult" I took the jar from her it was surprising cold to the touch even though it had just been taken out of warm water "say why couldn't you just take the jar while the bathtub was empty" Y/N pick up her bag and swung it over her shoulder "na I just fancied a soak in the tub" she smiled "yes smart ass I searched the tub when it was empty but all I could detect was the light coming off the jar so I filled up the tub and it emerged I couldn't summon it so I dived for it" I raised my eyebrow "you dived for it?" "It was stuck to the bottom of the floor and I kept flowing back to the surface and" I started to laugh " so you did fancy a dip in the tub that's brilliant" she punched my shoulder "if you mention this to anyone including Ominis I'll-" Drown me?" Still laughing we left the bathroom.

Once we were out of the faculty tower we departed in different directions her up the stairs to Gryffindor tower and I slipped down to the dungeons, lucky I only stumbled upon one Slytherin Prefect and was able to avoid him using the disillusionment charm, once inside the common room I headed up to the boys dormitory and silently opened the door "good still asleep" I closed the door behind me and creeped to my bed i placed the jar under my bed and turned over "HOLY CRAP OMINIS don't to that" Ominis had his face to me in the dark his ward alight "where were you?" I pulled the covers over me "just out for a midnight stroll" I said without hesitation "oh really?" He raised an eyebrow "then why am I ask do you smell like lavender" I smiled "you know I like to smell my best" Ominis sat up "You went to the prefects bathroom didn't you?" "Fine you got me yes I went to the prefects bathroom so what" Ominis swung his legs off the bed and facing in my direction "what did you find" i went slight pink as I could still picture Y/N emerging out of the surface of the water "Eh nothing interesting really just a plain old bathroom" Ominis leaden closer "so you went to investigate the bathroom alone and found nothing is that correct?" "Yep nothing more to say good night" I turned to face away from Ominis and pretended to be falling asleep for a few minutes Ominis stay quiet still on his own bed in silence then I heard the bed springs and Ominis was asleep.