Chapter sixteen, Behind her red eyes

Y/N POV

I had been days since I had faced a near death experience and I was doing my best to avoid any fellow classmates including Sebastian who took it upon himself to question me during classes and follow me everywhere I go until I'd lose him in the girls bathroom to be alone "I can do this all day you" he said outside the door of the girls bathroom after a week of this, I leaned over the skin and splashed water into my face, my hands were shaking and I looked into the mirror, I was very pale and my pupils were dilated, I rubbed my eyes I hadn't slept in two days and I was becoming exhausted from trying to stay awake even in classes, I had taken a quick nap in the undercroft until I was spotted by Sebastian and Ominis and had once again avoided their many questions, I looked into the mirror again and gasped, my eyes had turned bright red and dark pupils had longan like a reptile and started to breath very fast starting then I blinked and my eyes were back to normal, breathing heavily now I moved closer to the mirror waiting, my eyes were completely normal tired looking but still the same shape and colour, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes thinking, this can't be happening not now it was impossible, I jumped at the sudden click of the door and it open "What are you doing in here this is the girls bathroom" "Sebastian told me to check up on you" Ominis walked closer his wand light guiding him towards me "oh sorry I'm just not feeling myself" I leaned back looking into the drain of the sink "everything is happening so quickly I'm unable to adjust properly taking it all at once is-" I understand if your not comfortable talking about it" "Yeah if you Ominis makes your feel uncomfortable talking you and let me in?" I heard Sebastian short outside the door, I scoffed and turned around "As I was saying we're only concerned about you, you've been through a lot in a very short time" "if you just talk to us maybe we can help!" "Will you shut up" I considered for a moment the said "Look I'd tell you if I knew what was going on but I don't so there really no reason for you to help me" there was a slight pause then "Well that's fucken stupid!" "WILL YOU PLEASE JUST SHUT" shorted Ominis at the door "What do you want me to do, I can't exactly come in" "and when as that ever stopped you before" I replied looking at the door "oh yeah good point" he opened the door "Get out" I flicked my wand at the door and it closed in his face "aw hurtful" I rolled my eyes and turned back to the mirror and took another deep breath "Listen I'm not sure what exactly is happening whether it's something to do with new forms of ancient magic or something else" I went slight looking up into my face again and saw Ominis reflecting his pale blank face his eyes like a pool of water. "I have to go" I said picking up my bag and crossing the room "Go? Go where hey wait" I opened the door and walked up the stairs "Hey wait Y/N where are you going?" shouted Sebastian from down stairs "The library I'll see you later" "But we have charms in ten minutes" "I know".

—————————————————————
Short part on this one my bad I really hope your enjoying the story so far I have thousands of ideas to cram in this book so I apologise if it seems a little forthcoming and abrupt. 😊