Bones of the father, Part 2

Sebastian's POV

Y/N looked into my direction, "Sebastian do you have the jar?" I looked at her surprised that she knew I still care the little jar that was no laying heavily in my robe pocket, I took it out and stood up placing the jar in front of Y/N and her father who leaned forward to get a better look, the small jar that was filled with water was now filled with the same black smoke from when Y/N had retrieved it out of the perfect bathroom, " fascinating" I walked backwards into my chair and watched Y/N pick up the jar and turn it in his hands "eh it was filled with water the last time I saw it what happened?" Y/N looked at the jar carefully "well it was but then it started glowing so I put it in my truck so I could sleep without it burning my eyes while I sleep" I looked at Y/N sheepishly and she smiled "but then I took it out and then I kinda forgot about until I went back into my trunk and I found it and um it looked like that" I stopped speaking I knew this information was useless to Y/N father who didn't seem to be paying attention to what I was saying so I sat in silence, "where did you find this?" He asked Y/N "In the castle it was underneath the tiles of a bathroom I couldn't retrieve it unless it was submerged in water" Y/N set the jar down on the dusty table and pulled out his wand then tapped it three times, nothing happened "hm I suspected as much, well eyes of the and ancient one what can you see" Y/N rolled her eyes and looked into the jar "I can see what you see exactly there's a small light inside the smoke, but listen dad Sebastian and I saw it change" "interesting was there anything in particular you were doing that might of coursed the effect, perhaps you uttered an incantation to make the effect's happen or something else entirely" Y/N's father was now eyeing me suspiciously and I did my best to stare right back without blinking "I'm not sure Sebastian took it to his dorm one night and said he woke up with the jar filled with water" Y/N looked at me now "we took it to the library remember the next day you said you could see anything in it but I saw there was a small glass ball or flame or something inside so I took it out" Y/N raised an eye brown "and you couldn't see this object in the jar?" He asked still staring at me "no sir but Y/N put it in my hand and I could feel something was there but I couldn't see anything" "welcome to my life" said Ominis who had his arms folded his head facing the ceiling "right so you took out the glass orb then what?" Y/N and I looked at each other, Y/N had touched my hand to observe the small ball closely and I had felt a hot sensation on the palm of my hand and had drop it back into the jar, Y/N had got excited that the small object had changed colour the very moment her skin made contact with mine, "well eh it changed colour" Y/N's father frowned and he picked up the jar again "well if Mr sallow was it? Can demonstrate for me then I can get a clearer explanation of what it could be" he handed me the jar and I swallowed not wanted to take it "Um well okay" I hesitated slightly then took the jar from him, nothing happened except that I felt slightly uncomfortable and embarrassed that the jar was doing nothing to impress Y/N's father and that Y/N herself looked disappointed "here" I gave it back to Y/N who took it, as soon as her finger tips closed over my own the jar felt very warm and the smoke cleared showing a very small bright white light that changed to a dark maroon colour then the jar was once again will with water, Y/N pulled the jar out of my hand and set it down on the table, stunned at what she had just seen, "please tell me I wasn't the only one who saw that" I nodded at her then looked over at her father who looked more interested then ever again staring at the jar, Ominis however sniffed the air impatiently by no one was paying attention " fascinating this is truly extraordinary, and you said there's something inside yes" Y/N nodded then opened the jar and plunged her hand into the water and took out something no one but her could see, her father opened up his hands and she placed whatever it was in his palm "hm yes I can understand what you mean now Mr Sallow, very interesting" Y/N placed her hand under her fathers hand looking at his Palm as if she were to read his Fortune, but the effect she was hoping for didn't happen and a small part of me knew why, she pick up the small object and dropped it into the jar, although it was unseen by myself and Y/N's father there was still a small ripple in water of the jar as it was put back into its contents.