The death day party part two

Sebastian's POV

It was morning I was heading up to the great hall with Ominis the smell of pumpkin filled the air as we entered the Central hall then I heard running foot steps "Ominis, Sebastian" I stopped and turned around to see Y/N running down the stairs slightly flustered "oh good I didn't sleep in then" she hoisted her bag over her shoulder and we walked into the great hall together "how are you feeling?" Asked Ominis as we turned towards the Slytherin table "I'm okay still having nightmares but there not as bad or I'm just getting used to them" "I don't think it's a good thing to be getting use to having nightmares every night" I replied sitting at the end of the bench "well unfortunately i can't help it" she sat next me annoyed "sorry that's not what I-"it's okay it's just I wish I knew why" Ominis sat on my other side and flicked his wand, a glass of pumpkin juice and toasted flouted towards him "are you having the same dream every night or are they different?" Asked Ominis taking his goblet "eh they kinda start off the same but change in the end last weeks one terrified me actually, think I nearly cried" she rubbed her face with her hands "your not still having nightmares about me are you?" I said not looking at her and stabbing a piece of sausage "eh well kinda but it's nothing against you" grunted "look it's not all the time okay just.." I paused waiting for her to continue "can we just drop it please it's all still quite overwhelming to be honest I don't like talking about it" I dropped my knife and fork and opened my mouth to speak but "You heard her Sebastian just drop it" I picked up fork "fine but if you start starving yourself again because you think that will stop the dreams I'm not going to be happy" she smiled and picked up a piece of toast, it had been nearly a week since I had seen her eat properly or at least in front of me this gave me comfort although I knew she could look after herself a part of me would always worry the days she never ate or she was looking pale, "so where's Imelda?" Y/N leaning against the table to look a Ominis who had dropped his piece of toast into his goblet at the sound of her name "I have to go" Ominis sat up quietly and walked out of the great hall "eh did I say something wrong?" I clapped a hand to my forehead "dame I forgot" Y/N looked at me in surprise "you wanna explain then?" I leaned in closer to her and spoken very softly "Ominis and Imelda had a fight" her eyes were wider now but listened in closely I felt her shift closer to me and my stomach turned over "what happened?" She whispered " no idea which reminds I kinda told him about the death day party tonight and I also maybe kinda asked him to come along you know to distract him" at this Y/N smiled "ooh I see you need a wingman" "what no I" she started to laugh "relax I'm kidding besides I think it's sweet you want to help him" my face went slightly pink as she smiled but it was no ordinary smile this was the kind of smile that made you feel you could fight a dragon or fly with no broom, she got up and pick up her bag "well I'll see you in history of magic shall I" she left I watched her as she joined a group of Gryffindor girls out the door and out of sight.

The castle was full of excited chatter about the Halloween feast and the weekend ahead in which some students would spend at Hogsmeade, Ominis and I spent our last free period in the Slytherin common room trying to complete the Twelve page essay on Growing and Shrinking charms while a few students left for the Halloween feast early "so this death day party where is it exactly?" Asked Ominis as he did he best to sound interested "down here in the dungeons" Ominis twirled his quill through his fingers tips then said "is it a formal invitation or" "will you relax look I'll help you pick out something nice and we can go alright" Ominis set down his quill and leaned back in his chair "and Y/N is going to be there" I didn't look at him even though I knew he was slightly smiling "eh yeah shes still coming she told me in history of magic she'll met us there" I looked at my pocket watch "now that I think about it we should probably get ready ourselves didn't realise it was that late" we cleaned the table and headed into the sixth year boys dormitory, after a few minutes and constant arguing about dress code we left the Slytherin common room "I feel stupid" said Ominis loosing his bow tie "you look great stop worrying I promise I didn't make you look like an idiot" "that's reassuring" he replied sarcastically, we walked down the hall towards one of the dungeons and descended the stairs towards what sounded like fingers nails scraping a chalk board "ah what a delightful sound" I said putting a finger in my ear " consider yourself lucky" I unblocked my ear "sorry mate" as we entered the room the sight of incredible, the room was filled with glowing ghosts and tables of what looked like rotten slabs of meat that smelled like eggs that were left outside in a blaze of sun "how pleasant" said Ominis pinching his nose "ah Mr Gaunt Mr shallow good to see you glad you could make it" Nearly headless Nick glided towards us bowing his head slightly trembling "good evening Sir Nicholas eh happy death day" Ominis and I inclined our heads "oh what a splendid turn out it has been tonight didn't think any of the members of the headless hut would arrive until I mentioned a couple of mortals sorry living souls were attending" I raised my eyebrows "how gracious of you to announce our presence" Sir Nicholas bowed once more and this time his head dangled to the side "well must be off a few of your fellow students should be arriving later I presume" he glided away "Wait I thought only you and Y/N were invited? Who else is coming?" Ominis had a slight Panic tone in his voice and started fiddling with his tie again "so did look I'm sure it's fine he only said a few and I'm pretty sure we're the only ones here at the moment that aren't well dead" a ghost of a woman who had passed snorted in outrage and flowed towards the crowd of people gliding around or dancing.