The purest magic, Part two

Sebastian's POV

We walked the castle grounds in silence the sky was over cast and it had started to rain once we got to the lake, I watched Y/N walked to the water edge peering into its depths "If you dive into that lake I'm not swimming after you" I said to sliding across the slipping rocks as I approached her "Hm no I suppose you won't but you'd dive after me if it was bath wouldn't you" my face burned slightly but I smiled at her "yeah well different circumstances" she folded her arms and raised an eyebrow staring at me "do the circumstances include being butt naked?" I laughed "If you insist swimming naked in this weather I won't stop you" she punched my shoulder "Ass", for a long time we stood side by side watching the rain fall onto of the lake it was peaceful, "so what do we do now?" "Oh I don't know, perhaps a lovely candlelit dinner maybe some dancing" she shoved me away from her "haha what?" "I'm being serious" she took a deep breath "Sebastian I need to know if what we're doing it the right thing" "what do you mean?" She rubbed her face as though frustrated "we have been through so much together and I have to be completely honest with you I've had my doubts about my feelings towards our friendship, we didn't exactly leave Hogwarts last year on the best of terms, you left a day before the end of year feast without a single explanation or a goodbye" I looked at my feet and started kicking rocks into the lake "I only received one letter from you last Summer saying you wanted to see me but the timing was inevitable I wasn't able to write back I was travelling feather away and I was unable to let you know that I couldn't be by your side but if I had more information about what was going on perhaps I would of been able to convince my father to let me stay behind, and then I saw you on the platform you looked so disappointed I really thought you hated me" I looked up and saw she had her arms wrapped around herself she looked as though she was going to cry, but she didn't "I would never hate you" I said putting an arm around her waist pulling her closer to me, her head rested on my chest and she continued "but then on the train when I fell asleep I saw terrible things, the time we were trapped in the scriptorium and I asked you to curse me so we would escape, that awful day I faced death in the pensive and hundreds and hundreds of spiders" she shivered "are you still having nightmares after we discovered what was in that diary?" She nodded and looked out at the lake, the rain was getting heavier now the was patterned with raindrops then she said "but there not as bad now not like the one I had my first night back here" "can you remember what you dreamed about" she hesitated "yes but I don't think I should tell you I wasn't even able to bring myself to tell Ominis to tell you the truth, but he just seemed to sense something was wrong" I snorted "he seems to have a knack of getting information out of people when it best suited" Y/N whipped the rain out of her face and continued "I don't think you both understand that most of these nightmares feel so real, like I'm reliving it all over again but it's ten times worse it makes me sick and then I end up being sick or feeling nothing at all but dread and all I want to do is feel anything but so I hurt myself then releasing it's not the answer I try and fix it and I end up making it worse" she wiping her face with the back of her sleeve she had starting crying, I pulling her into my arms in a tight embrace as she sobbed into my chest "you don't have to tell me, but when your ready I'll be here, I just wish I could help you" she looked up, rain and tears fell down her beautiful face, I place a hand on her cheek and wiped the tears away down her face.

She Cupped my face and stared unblinking into my eyes "You have to swear to me never to try or attempt at looking for a way to stop these dreams do you understand?" I looked at her in shook "Wha- what but" "Sebastian Sallow if you truly care about me you will swear not to go to dangerous lengths to finding a way to end the nightmares, do I make myself clear" "But" "Sebastian please I know what your like when you know someone is in pain and is suffering but like Anne this is something that can't be controlled or cured" she shook me slightly as if trying to rattle me into understanding "okay okay I swear not to go looking for a way to stop your suffering" she let me go "thank you" then she took a deep breath "I know you hate to watch the people who are close to you suffer in silence but I have been trying to figure out a way to try and eliminate the source of these dreams and even trying to figure out how to cure your sister without resorting to dark magic even ancient magic, however during my travels over the summer I have attempted at using ancient magic to remove different forms of feelings from oneself" "But you said you couldn't weld that source of magic" "no I said I don't want to, the risk of taking away someone's emotions is very high if I had even been trained in using this type of magic and succeeded in taking away Anne's pain she would not live a full life without knowing how to protect herself, once I was able to understand how to remove the source of emotion from someone it's not just pain it's everything that one needs to feel to be able to defeat themselves correctly" "wait how do hang on you haven't been using this magic on yourself have you?" She shook her head and wrapped her arms around herself again "I experimented on animals mainly mice the Country side where we had traveled was full of them until I released what I was doing to them was nothing but cruel they would run off without fear into traps and would just sit there not even attempting to escape at one point they would just themselves be killed it was like they wanted to feel pain but were unable to they knew something was missing but couldn't figure out what, so if you ever ask me to use ancient magic on your sister I will see it as a great betrayal to our friendship" I stood there in silence unable to think of anything to say, I knew there was no way of asking Y/N to attempt at removing Anne's pain and yet she spent her whole summer trying to find away to remove pain without it having a negative effect, I felt more grateful towards her then I had ever done and with that I moved towards her and kissed her.