Chapter eighteen, Horns and Daggers

Y/N POV

Sebastian and I walked together out of the forest and stumbled upon Ominis who looked annoyed, "look out I think we're about to get an ear full" Ominis stomped in front of us and grabbed a hand full of Sebastian's hair "are you completely out of your mind" he pushed him back and Sebastian stumbled back "Ah alright keep ya wing on bloody hell" "no you think you can just walk off without saying anything" "Ominis don't blame Sebastian I'm the one who ran off he was just trying to-" oh I'll get to you in a moment little miss" Ominis pointed his wand threateningly at me "you both owe me an explanation of what just happened in that bar, when and why in Merlin's coffin did you come in possession with an ancient artefact" Sebastian and I looked at each other struggling for words "well mate we were going to tell you" Ominis smacked the back of Sebastian's head "ah can you please stop hitting me I'm gonna have to start taking regular potions for a headache" "the object you described at the inn what colour was it" Ominis said facing me now "eh it's clear orb kinda but it's bright like a small light" Ominis sighed "you mentioned it changed colour?" He asked his voice more calmer now "eh yeah but only when-" only when you and I made skin to skin contact" Sebastian finished, I looked at him he was staring at me with a fixed expression on his face "oh boy" said Ominis his hands rubbing his forehead "what?" "That object you described I've heard of it before" Sebastian and I looked surprised at Ominis as he said this "you have but how, when, wha-" it's an long lost artefact that only few witches and wizards can see, seers, vampires, keepers" Ominis nodded in my direction "my great grandfather had one, I remember my bother had smashed it by accident while trying to duel my sister the beating he got when my father got home" Ominis sighed again "the orb contains a powerful enchantment inside of it, it can detect emotions from anyone who comes into contact with it, if you two are the only ones who have made direct contact with it and then each other it can sense a powerful connection" Sebastian and I looked at each other and I blushed slightly "eh what kind of connection?" Sebastian asked still not looking away from my face which became redder "it depends what colour it turned in it" "back at the bar the orb turned a dark red when I took the jar off Sebastian" Ominis rubbed the back of his neck "hm dark red, perhaps hatred?" I looked shocked at Sebastian who was taken aback "I don't hate Y/N" "hm no dark red? did the temperature change at all?" "Yes" we said together "it was warm but" Ominis snorted into laughter "your father is going to kill him" I raised an eyebrow as Ominis started laughing louder "I don't understand? What are you talking about" Ominis pulled himself together and smiled "It means one of you is attracted to the other" Sebastian coughed loudly "um Ominis we were are kind of all ready um" Sebastian looked at me for help but I folded my arms and watched him snuggle "go on" I said smiling "you want me to put it politely or should I just down right tell him" "wait now I don't understand" said Ominis who's smiled faded "your kidding right, you can't admit to your best friend what you did? What we did?" Sebastian looked embarrassed "did what? Hang on what did you two do?" "Eh well i we" Sebastian signed "all right it wasn't long ago but Y/N was attacked by Skinner in Madam Kogawa's office, I saw her dragging herself up to the defence against the dark arts Tower, the back of her was dripping with blood I panicked I didn't know what to do she didn't want to go to the hospital wing so I took her to the boys showers to clean her up and I realigned her spine there were still some scaring and well one thing led to another" Sebastian stopped talk and looked apologetically at me "please tell me your joking, Y/N he's joking right you two didn't" "we did I was filled with a massive amount of adrenaline from everything that happened I think my body was trying to adjust to everything all at once and I eh lost my nerve" I looked at the ground "That was the first sign of her hidden ability, well some of it pretty sure I saw a lot of it" I pushed Sebastian and he chuckled "I'm kidding will you lighten up, your father said it himself your not cursed you just have some of the traces of the curse at least it's coming out one at a time" "oh and I suppose you'd enjoy seeing me walk around the castle with a lizard like tail poking out of my robes and horns would you?" "I find that kinda of attractive actually" I frowned at Sebastian while he smiled back at me "moving along, this orb your father doesn't know what it is" "seems like it" "and he's just taken it" I looked surprised that Ominis knew that neither Sebastian nor myself had the jar with us and we panicked slightly "eh what will happen if he find out what it is" "I'm more worried when he's gonna find out Sebastian fancies his daughter" Sebastian pushed Ominis and he was nearly knocked off his feet "that's not funny" Ominis snorted with laughter again and all three of us headed to the castle still deciding the ancient orb that was now in my fathers position.