Chapter Eight hidden beneath the surface

Sebastian's POV

My heart was beating fast as I watched tears running down her face, I wanted to back away to apologise for scaring her but my body wouldn't move and it if did it would get to closer to her to Comfort her.. to touch her, "I..." she opened her mouth to speak I wanted to help her this was all my fault I should of never had brought it up, I felt my feet move slowly towards her again and before I knew it I was staring down into her face straight at those watery eyes, from here I could sense her every breath, she opened her mouth again "I'm sorry I shouldn't of said anything please just forget what I said" she closed her eyes and looked away, my heart pounded as I pressed my hand on her chin and moved her face to look at mine "don't apologise this isn't your fault" she was breathing very deeply I could now feel her very chest rise and fall from every breath she took "I was only trying to help but then" I looked deeper into her eyes as if I could see the very dream she was describing but it's wasn't a dream it was a memory the very memory of the night I had taken drastic actions to curse Anne night she Y/N was attacked the bodies of the deceased that I was controlling "This isn't a dream" I said now shaking I put my hands on her shoulders in hopes she would run once I finished my sentence "It's a memory the other day when I apologised for hurting you that night in the catacomb you were dazed I don't think you remembered most of what happened or the day I found you in the bathroom" she looked at her feet as if ashamed but I lift her head up again by her chin, there were no tears and her eyes weren't so bloodshot, the longer I stared into her face the more I Longed to be even closer but before I could make a move she had embraced me her arms around my wast I felt my body stiffen I had been paralysed by her studded approach. I placed my hand on her head returning her warm embrace holding her close to my chest not wanting to let go, I tried my hardest to slow my heart down but the longer I kept her close to harder it became "your heart is beating very fast" she said I released her as I did the warmth from her body moved away and I felt my own body go cold and slightly numb "eh sorry I just wasn't expecting" she put a finger on my lips to silence me I was now red hot in the face which must of shown because she quickly removed her finger and blushed "I'm going to go and see if I can get some homework done I'll see you around Sebastian" I moved aside to let her pass and watched her cross the room and leave the Undercroft leaving me rooted to the spot and breathless.

That night I lay awake in my fourposter bed thinking, if that Y/N was right and there are traces of ancient magic hiding the castle why would it be stored in the perfects bathroom, I got out of bed and pulled on my jumper, maybe if I go and investigate the bathroom see if there's anything interesting it might just stop Y/N from having these night terrors, I walked out of the dormitory as I opened the door Ominis snores very loudly from across the room I closed the door quietly slipped down the tower stairs and out of the dungeons, it was very late and if I was caught wondering the castle after curfew, I crossed the hall and up the stair case towards the top of the Faculty Tower lucky no prefects or teachers were wondering around so I was able to slip quickly up the stairs and into the bathroom without detection.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N POV

The door to the bathroom opened I quickly shrunk into the water and tried to hide behind one of the pillers, I listened to who ever had entered the room walk closer to the pool of water, the intruder was examining the tapestry of the mermaid who swung her hair back and was flashing her tail, I should of locked the door not that would of stopped anyone coming in anyway it was lucky I put a massive amount of bubbles in this enormous tub, I put my back against the piller doing my best not to be seen by who ever had entered the bathroom, the intruder was now moving around the tub and was now in my field of vision, what was he doing here and why, Sebastian was admiring the statue in the wall then after a few seconds he was taking off his jumper seeing his bare chest made my face feel hot even though the water was quite warm as he was about to turn to face the tub I ducked under the water in hopes he wouldn't see me and waited.

Four minutes later I broke the surface of the water and started splattering, as I rubbed the water out of my eyes a blurred outline was standing at the edge of the tub, it took a few seconds to release I was on feet and in the shallow end, "eep" I quickly shrunk back into the water "What are you doing here" I snapped Sebastian's face had gone very red "eh..." he was holding his jumper over his pants as if hiding something, I frowned at him "I didn't know you were in here I swear I just" he looked at the ceiling embarrassed, I moved into the deeper end of the tub in hopes he couldn't see anything but by the look on his face the damage was done "so you didn't know I was here what you were hoping to take a bath?" Sebastian continued to look right above he looked like he was in pain trying not to make eye contact, I rolled my eyes and turned away to continue my search for the light, it had been in this very tub that the bright white light was emanating from it was definitely some trace of ancient magic, I had entered the tub I hopes to reach it but was distracted by the noises outside the bathroom door "well if your just going to stand their like an petrified, mooncalf you can search from up there" Sebastian lower his head still trying to avoid looking in the tub "okay what exactly am I looking for?" I swam to the edge of tub Sebastian moved backwards and tripped over my bag and clothes he quickly got to his feet sweating "sorry I'll just go over here" I rolled my eyes as I watched him put a hand on walls of the room.

We searched for a good few minutes Sebastian examining the statues and paintings while I swam behind him "can you not do that your making it very hard to concentrate" he said finally as I approached the side of the tub "oh stop being a baby look if there's nothing there then stop looking, it must be in here then" I searched again inside the surface of the water then I heard a splash of water "WHAT ARE YOU DOING" Sebastian had bent down towards the tub and was moving the contents of the water "don't do that" I said panicking the bubbles that were hiding me were moving away "oh shit sorry" he moved way but then he did something very unexpectedly he remembered his pants and was now in the tub still wearing his boxers and was now looking around the water, "get out I'm" my face was now burning as Sebastian started searching the taps on the edge of the bath "Sebastian get out I'm naked in here" I said through gritted teeth he looked at me "well if I'm no use out of the tub I might as well join you" he moved over to the pillar where I was and I swam to avoid him he looked as if he was enjoying himself watching me struggle to stay out of his Field of vision "why don't you continue your search I'm not exactly certain what I'm meant to be looking for since your the only one to see the bloody thing" embarrassed I started moving around the tub as well moving the surface of the water in front me.