Chapter four hiding in the undercroft

Y/N POV

As I entered the undercroft the silence was blissful and no wondering eyes fell me on however the smell of burning boxes made my smile slightly as I remembered practicing casting dangerous spells in here and near setting the whole place ablaze luckily Ominis and Sebastian were able to extinguish the flames and saved what was left of the place Ominis had said that I should be more careful where my aim but Sebastian was in fits of laughter nearly have himself a stitch I think that was the last time I saw him really laugh now he was slightly different more mature did the separation between him and his sister make me depressed it would of certainly make him miserable being left alone all Summer and having Ominis most likely pester him about what he had done what we did to try and help Anne, I leaned again the wall and closed my eyes taken in the journey and the embarrassment it came with what was wrong with me why couldn't I keep myself together when he's around I like him yeah sure but as a friend right?, I Jump at the sound of the sound of the undercrofts gate squeaking opening "Hey" did Sebastian follow me here or did he too not want to be seen by giggling smirking students "What are you doing here?" I asked as he walked over to me "I noticed you were heading to your common room and wanted to see if your alright I see your still a little upset about-" " I'm not upset I'm embarrassed I'm angry I'm.. I'm well yeah of course I'm upset I just got harassed by Weasley and Prewett at the Gryffindor table now the whole schools gonna think I'm some kinda hussy" I took a deep breath not realising I had starting pacing up and down the room "Why do boys have to be so so-" "Disrespectful?, arrogant?, down right unpleasant?" I had stopped at his words I looked at him he wasn't annoyed or even smile his face was fixed on my as if he understood this calmed me down I leaded against the wall again and sunk to the floor in a Fetal position thinking and Sebastian sat next to me quite close and without thinking lent my head on his shoulder I didn't even notice his face glow red at this but continued "it's not fair I haven't changed I'm still the same still" "still the same old Y/N? No your not you've grown over the summer and it's just some very arrogant and stupid people have noticed the well I wouldn't say not important parts that have grown but your more grown up you, we have been through a lot over the last year and you have been through a lot of serious trauma and have had to keep it a secret from so many" this was true last years events haven't exactly been great for my mental health but I was still able to confide in some of my closest friends in my deepest secrets it was Sebastian I was able to trust, his ability to understand what I had to do with the keepers trials with life and death situations never did he ever stop or questioned my ability I knew it took great strength for him never to ask or request that I use ancient magic to remove the pain from his sister even after reviewing the pensive in this very room.

I felt warmth from Sebastian's comforting words and felt him lean his head on-top of mine and we sat on the cold floor in silence for what felt like hours, then I said finally "I'm such a coward how is that I was able to single handle destroy the most dangerous goblin and Rookwood but here I am hiding from teenage boys" I took a deep sigh and squeezed my legs tightly to my chest "for what it's worth I don't think your a coward you've faced more dangerous then grown witches and wizards could have ever imagined you escaped death himself" Sebastian took my hand and held it in his, whatever I was feeling the embarrassment, the anger, the anxiety to return to my common room had vanished at his touch, we were looking at each other now very close I could see every freckle on his face even in this dark and very empty room.