64

Chapter 64 Trouble

Of course, Su Family’s rice bowl wasn’t easy to hold.

After eating this meal, Han brothers were arranged to live with Uncle Hong in the small room on the right side of the courtyard gate at the canal worker's dormitory. The kang was big enough. It wasn't too crowded for three people to sleep in.

You Jin took Han Li brothers around the canal worker's dormitory: "We don't need to take care of the sanitation in each room. Only need to be responsible for the sanitation of the public areas. You have to sweep the front and back yards every day and the toilet must be cleaned regularly. In addition, you can start a fire to boil water inside the compound. That’s why you must pay attention to the problem of fire and not cause a fire to break out. Your daily work are these. Is there any problem?"

Han Li was a relatively taciturn person. After hearing what You Jin said, he just nodded his head and said ‘yes’. No question asked.

Seeing that he had nothing to ask, You Jin handed him over to Uncle Hong: "Uncle Hong, both of these brothers are still young. You need to pay more attention to everything."

Then she turned to the two brothers and stated, "One day, three meals. Just come to our house for them. I will call You Yin and the others to call you when it’s mealtime."

Nearby, Uncle Hong jollily spoke: "You Jin, you take care of the meal! Don't leave me out!"

You Jin smiled and said: "Of course I won't leave you elder behind."

Two days ago, Uncle Hong specially approached You Jin. He was willing to take only fifty wen a month. The rest would be his food expenses. He wanted Su Family to help cook his meals. You Jin knew about Uncle Hong’s situation. In the early years when there was a plague in Luohe Prefecture, Uncle Hong was the only one in his family who survived. It took a little effort, so she agreed.

After sending You Jin away, Uncle Hong brought the two Han brothers into the small room where he usually sleeps: "You two will live here with me from now on. If anyone bullies you, tell me."

Back then, Uncle Hong had two young grandsons who died of illness in that plague. If those two children were still alive, they must be about the same age as Han Li.

Han Li cautiously thanked Uncle Hong before asking, "Uncle Hong, what should I do now?"

Seeing that he was on guard, Uncle Hong didn't mind. He thought for a while and answered, "Then you go and clean up the yard first!"

Having a task, Han Li, went to the backyard with his broom. Han Er Hua followed closely behind his brother with his short legs. One swept, one played. Feeling quite comfortable.

More and more people were living in Su Family’s canal worker's dormitory. Now the six shared quarters were almost all occupied. Wuliqiao villagers with a smart mind tidied up their family’s vacant rooms and old houses. The price was the same as Su Family's canal workers' dormitory; three sen per night. This had attracted many canal workers to live in the village.

He Hao, who was pushing the cart with Mrs. Zhao from the west of the river, looked at the grown men with unfamiliar faces walking out of the village in twos and threes and couldn't help feeling a little worried: "Now that there are so many strangers coming to the village. If we don't put some restraints, I'm afraid something will happen!"

How could Mrs. Zhao possibly like to hear this? She said: "It's just you being a worrywort! It’s a good thing that someone lives in and everyone can earn money together, no? What else can happen?"

Right now, He Family’s breakfast shop business was getting better and better. Look at the money that kept coming in every day. Mrs. Zhao can't wait for more people to live in here!