146

Chapter 146 Third Yu

Second Daughter was married. However seventeen year old Eldest Daughter was still in her boudoir. Mrs. Su's heart was anxious and clueless. So worried, she can't sleep all night and can only confide in Yu Lan.

"Say, why is this child so stubborn? She's seventeen years old and still says she's not in a hurry!" Mrs. Su laid on the couch. Black circles were under her eyes. She sighed heavily.

Yu Lan refilled her half cup of tea and said: "Madam, it's useless to worry about it. Eldest Miss has always been like this. You can only persuade her a bit."

Recalling Eldest Miss refusing Madam's request to meet a person the day before yesterday, Yu Lan couldn't help but sigh. Their family's little girl had grown up, but their daughter’s refusal to marry made them helpless!

"I can't do it alone. Then let's go one by one!" Mrs. Su took a sip of tea. After putting down the teacup, there was a sense of the tragedy of a strong man breaking his wrist: "I don't believe I can't convince her!"

On that day, Mrs. Su took advantage of the said party's absence and sought Mrs. Song, Mrs. Han, and others for advice one by one. She asked everyone to help persuade a bit: "Old Madam, You Jin has always respected you. If you open your mouth, she will listen."

Because Mrs. Song had taught Mrs. Su many internal housekeeping matters and had helped You Jin solve big external problems, Mrs. Song's status in Su Family had become higher and higher in the past two years. Mrs. Su sincerely treated her like a respected elder.

"You Jin is stubborn, so even if I try to persuade her, it might not work, right?" Mrs. Song sat in the main seat. Squinting her eyes, she replied, "This kid’s ideas are upright. If someone else forcefully matchmake, it won't work."

You Jin, who was patrolling outside, sat in the carriage and looked at the slowly receding scenery outside. Suddenly, she felt her nose itch for no reason and sneezed heavily: "Ahcoo!"

Taking the handkerchief from Qiu Fen, she wiped her nose, and muttered to herself, "It's strange. It's almost the Dragon Boat Festival, why do I feel a chill behind my back?"

Qiu Fen pulled down the curtain of the carriage: "Maybe it's due to the wind blowing." Neither the master nor the servant thought it was due to the family’s elders trying to solve her life's major affairs behind her back!

"It's already the beginning of May. So it's okay." You Jin felt that it was a bit hot. She was holding a round fan embroidered with white cats catching butterflies as she was thinking about business matters. Today, Third Master Huang sent people over, saying that there was a big business coming to the door and she had to come forward.

***

"Miss, the distinguished guest has arrived." Third Master Huang was standing at the door and looking around. Seeing Su Family's carriage arriving, he hurried up to greet her: "This distinguished guest is from the south. It’s said he has a big business to discuss with the owner. From the looks of it, he’s indeed a rich man, but my side hasn't inquired about any news."

After listening to what Third Master Huang knew, You Jin nodded slightly: "Since there was a big business, let's talk about it."

While speaking, the two had already walked to the door of the reception room on the first floor. Glancing at the well-dressed guards guarding the door, You Jin's heart was trembling for no reason. These guys gave off such a fierce vibe! Must be someone who had been fighting on the battlefield all year round. Could they be from the army?

Yan Wei didn't utter a word. He silently step back and made room for the two to pass. Afterward, they guarded at the door with hands on the swords. Taking it in from a distance, Sujiami's staff didn't want to come over. It was too scary!