144

Chapter 144 Joyous event

February 18th was suitable for marriage.

"One comb to the end, worry not of wealth. Two comb to the end, be free of illness and worry..." The fully lucky matron invited by Su Family was performing the hair combing ceremony for the bride You Yin in her boudoir room.

Reflected in the bronze mirror was a hibiscus flower-like girl with delicate make-up on and slightly blushing cheeks. Her head was half drooped as she was at the mercy of the matron of honor. The bride was surrounded by four or five unmarried girls who were about her age. They were all friends You Yin met in Erya Academy. Each of them had a smile on their faces and found it both novel and amazing to see You Yin, who was always plain-faced in the past, to become so glamorous.

You Yin's boudoir was now full of people coming and going. It was quite lively. The servants of Su Family had also changed into joyous red clothes today. The entire Su Family had been fully decorated two days ago. Now as long as they enter the gate of Su Family, they will all be submerged by the sea of red. Quite a festive and lively atmosphere.

"Are you ready?" Today, You Jin specially wore a light goose yellow double-tipped lotus round-breasted jacket and a pink floor-length skirt. She even replaced her favorite jasper hairpin with red gold silk inlaid with red coral lotus hairpin. The pendant hanging under the gold-plated lotus necklace was a ruby jade carved into a half-opened lotus. It complemented the lotus embroidered on the cuff and tail of the skirt. It not only showed the identity of Su Family’s eldest daughter, but also did not deliberately steal the limelight from today's star.

"Eldest Sister." You Jin saw Eldest Sister standing behind her through the bronze mirror and shyly smiled a little with curved eyes. Then she lowered her head a little, thinking that it was fortunate to have heavy makeup today. If not, her face would cause people to laugh at her red as a monkey's butt face.

You Jin took the crown from Qiu Fen and handed it to the fully lucky matron, who put it on for You Yin.

"What a beautiful crown!" The onlooking girls all exclaimed when they saw the crown on You Yin’s hair. It was a crown made of pure gold and fine rubies. The cicada's wings thin begonia flowers and bingdi lotuses swayed slightly due to You Yin’s slight movement. The fine rubies inlaid in it were as delicate and charming as ripe fruits. Especially the main gemstone, which was a pink pearl the size of an adult's thumbnail. Pink pearls were rare. And such a large, round and flawless pink pearl was even rarer!

You Yin saw this shining crown in the box. She was pleasantly surprised as well as feeling that it was too precious: "Eldest Sister, this is too precious..."

Eldest Sister and Mother had already prepared a dowry beyond ordinary people's imagination for her. Now such a precious crown was specially prepared. She didn’t dare to accept it.

"I don't have much talent, but I hope our You Yin can be the most beautiful bride today." You Jin stood behind her younger sister and patted her on the shoulder: "Only like this, we’re the daughter of our Su Family. It’s perfect”

Originally, seeing You Yin's dowry being carried out one after another was enough to make people envious. Now seeing this crown, her close friends in her boudoir were even more envious: "Elder Sister You Jin, you are so wonderful!" “You Yin, you are so beautiful wearing this crown!"

You Jin smiled, and said: "It's hard work for you to come to accompany You Yin so early in the morning. There are many things happening at home today, so please forgive me for any poor hospitality."

She also ordered the attendant who was in charge of the affairs of Second Miss 's courtyard today to take good care of them. Then she apologized and withdrew.

Eldest Sister, Why Haven't You Married Yet  जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें