113

Chapter 113 Great Victory

Time stepped into March. The news of great victory came from the front line. Many people who stayed in Luohe Prefecture with the same idea as You Jin were greatly relieved.

In the court in the capital.

Already white-haired and hunched-figured Emperor read the urgent message of the great victory. He felt that the stagnation that had been pent up in his heart for a long time dissipated in an instant. Even his hunched back straightened a lot: " Good! Beloved Subject Liu lived up to my trust. Pass on my will, give General Liu the title Heroic General. After the Northern Ethnic squadron is evicted, call back the troops to the court and he’ll be titled a first-rank general!"

"His Majesty is wise!" All the officials knelt down below the dragon chair and shouted long live. In any case, Luohe Prefecture was saved and Northern Xinjiang was saved. Finally a good news.

"Wonderful! Wonderful!" His Majesty loudly laughed a few times. It was rare that today’s court meeting didn’t end in a heavy atmosphere. All the officials in the court were all beaming. Now the Northern Ethnics were repelled Northern Ethnic, Dafeng's biggest foreign trouble was finally resolved. His Majesty's moodiness should be changed and they can finally sleep peacefully.

However, there were also quite a few people who were only smiling on the surface and stabbing petty people in their hearts. Back then when the war in Northern Xinjiang was in stalemate, no one in the court dared to take command. So they beat around the bush and pushed Liu Wei onto this road. Originally, they wanted to get rid of this obtrusive old man, but it didn’t go the way they wanted.

Who knew Liu Wei, an old man, got strong fate. It was enough that he didn't die, he even defeated Northern Ethnic? The group of courtiers with different thoughts quietly glanced at the back standing in the front row wearing the four-clawed silver dragon court uniform. Their hearts tightened even more, fearing that the master was about to lose his temper today.

The news of General Liu Wei defeating the Northern Ethnic quickly spread throughout the capital. While the whole world was celebrating, a rumor quietly spread throughout the capital along with the news of Northern Ethnic’s defeat.

"Have you heard? This time, General Liu Wei, who led the troops bravely and defeated Northern Ethnic, had previously charged into the battle under the command of General Han. He is indeed the favorite of General Han!" Everyone in the capital knew the current heroic general was under the command of the mighty General Han who defeated Northern Ethnic back then and regained more than a dozen cities in Northern Xinjiang.

Some people even dug out the old stories about the hundreds of members of General Han's family being implicated. For a while, there were all kinds of rumors in the capital.

"Nowadays, the people in the capital all say that the great defeat of Northern Ethnic is due to the heroic general. But no one mentions His Majesty's talent for picking people." In Esteem's study room, a thin-faced literati wearing a fourth-rank civil official's court uniform was full of resentment: "Your Majesty, the lesson of the Han Guang Hong case is still vivid in my memory! It can’t be that Your Majesty wants to pamper another Han Guang Hong?" He knew where the thorn in his Majesty’s heart was and pushed it in harder.

"Presumptuous!" A booklet smashed directly at the civil official's feet. The standing man knelt down straight away. However, his mouth insisted on his persistence as a loyal subject: "Your Majesty, don't get angry. It's not that this subject wants to frame the Heroic General. Your Majesty, do you remember that General Liu Wei was the left hand man under Han Guang Hong's command. He had a close-knit relationship with Han Guang Hong for more than ten years. Now that he has a heavy army in hand, the current strength of the capital can't stop the 300,000 northern border troops once he turns his horse's head around!"