"Just ask it."

"Could I go meet some of the boys?"

He smiles at this. "Well, you've met a few of them before, but sure." He nods in their direction.

"¡Gracias!" (Thank you!) you call, as you're already running over. "Hi, guys!" you say in excitement. "I'm Y/n Hernandez!"

★★★

Gavi looks over at the bubbly, excited, sweet, girl. He slips behind the backs of Ansu and Raphinha, looking at her, but not wanting to be right there, in front of her.

"Your Xavi's daughter, right?" Ronald asks.

"Yes, I am!" she grins.

He nods, and they shake hands. "It's so good to meet you."

The girl goes around, meeting all the players, especially the younger ones that she hadn't met before today. Gavi soon hears her say, though, to Frenkie, "Hey, I saw Gavi earlier, but I haven't seen him just now... I'm wondering where he is. I want to meet him. It's kind of cool, because I think me and him are like only three days apart or something, so we're basically the same age! I thought it'd be cool to meet him."

Frenkie smiles at this and nods, and before I can do anything, he points to me, saying, "That's Gavi. See him there? Awkwardly hovering around Ansu and Raphinha for... Actually, I have no idea why he is doing that."

Thanks a lot, Frenkie.

This girl, Y/n, doesn't seem to mind, though, and walks over to me, her pretty face bright. "¡Hola! Mucho gusto. Me llamo Y/n." (Hello! Nice to meet you. My name is Y/n.)

★★★

He nods. "I'm Gavi. You probably already knew that, though."

"I've wanted to meet you for so long, actually," you smile.

"I guess lots of people do," he smiles back, and he has a sweet little smile.

"Want to know something kind of funny?"

He shrugs. "Of course, if you want to tell it."

"Alright, well, like a year ago, I had the biggest crush on you, you know. Because, like, I don't know if you know this, but I'm only like three days younger than you. I was born on August 2nd. So you've always been like my favourite Barcelona player since you joined, because I guess I just felt this weird connection. I know that sounds weird, but oh well. Maybe I'm weird."

"No, it doesn't sound weird. I get what you mean. So Xavi's your papa?"

"Yeah, he is," you nod, before suddenly saying, "Can I hug you?"

"Uh, sure!" he laughs, and you hug him. There's something about that hug that makes you so happy. He's just a tad bit taller than you, and it's a strong hug. It's quick, though. Then he says after a few second of looking you over, slightly teasingly, "Are you sure you still don't have a huge crush on me, Y/n?"

Well, you definitely feel a spark when he asks this, and uses your name, so you end up just being honest with a little giggle and saying, "Alright, well, maybe I do."

He smiles at this, big. A lot of the guys have already gone to changing, so he says quietly, "I know I just met you, but you seem really nice. And just happy and fun. And you're pretty."

In this baking heat, you feeling yourself heat up even more at that. "S- Seriously?" you laugh. "Never though that Pablo Gavi would tell me that."

"You're talking as though you're just some random person off the street. My goodness, you're Xavi's daughter. That's something, you know."

You laugh a little at that and shrug. "Guess so."

"No, but that's good, isn't it? You're humble."

"Oh, stop..." you smile, looking away at the ground.

"You know, three days apart... That's something, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it really is!" you nod, looking back up.

There's a little slight glimmer in his sweet chocolate brown eyes for a second, before he says, "I've got a busy schedule, and I'm sure you do, too, but I'm wondering if you're free on Friday night, dinner hour?"

You blush, and your eyes widen. "Seriously?" you ask, your voice higher than usual in excitement. "Of course I'm free!"

"Alright," he nods.

"Here, put your number in my phone!" you say, quickly taking out your phone and handing it to the older boy by three days. He nods and does so, before handing it back to you.

"Anyway, I've got to go now," he smiles, but gives you another hug before he leaves. 

You giggle, giving him a kiss on his cheek, saying, "Mwah! Thank you, Pablo!"

"Of course," he nods, pulling away from you with a laugh. As he walks down to the stairs, he waves one more time behind him, calling, "See you Friday, then!"

After he's gone, suddenly your father's voice behind you says, "Hey, Y/n, I saw that whole thing."

"Ughhhh!" you sigh. "Of course you did!"

But your papa smiles, saying, "Gavi's a good kid; he's a really good guy. I'm sure will all go well. Out of anyone this could've happened with, he's the one I'm least worried about. He came from a good family, has a strong backbone... Out of everyone, he's the least likely to break my little girl's heart."

You grin, throwing your arms around him. "Thanks," is all you say. "Because sometimes, I think, love is truly in the air."

"Oh brother. Yeah, whatever. Just make sure he's good to you, and I'm sure you'll have a great date on Friday."

And as you go out to the next place with your papa, for the rest of the day, and for the rest of the week, you feel like you're walking on sunshine.

Even more than you were before.