29. Drunk

Author's POV:As soon as Aaron and Rosaline entered the party venue together, they became the attention of the party. Both of them greeted their people and then also gave a speech.Aaron said, "Thanks everyone for your constant support, This success is the result of the hard work you guys have done and to appreciate you guys, I announce a bonus for all of you. You will be getting that straight after the party, I believe you all would continue working with Carter Enterprise with the same spirit.Thanks again and now I would like to thank the love of my life, Rosaline. Thanks, baby for your constant support, you have done so much for me and my company. Thanks for everything, also, thanks to the RF team for their hard work for the launch and fashion show. Carter Enterprise would like to continue working with RF and I announce a 50% discount on our products for you guys. Thanks for being with us. Please enjoy the party."With this, he concluded his speech, afterward Rosaline too thanked their teams and announced some bonus scheme for her team too.Next was the couple dance for which the event host asked them to start, they both couldn't deny him and went over the stage.A Thousand Years by Christina Peri was played in the background.Aaron put one hand over her shoulder and one on the waist, while Rosaline put her hands over his shoulders and start moving.

"Heart beats fastColors and promisesHow to be brave?How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?But watching you stand aloneAll of my doubt suddenly goes away somehowOne step closerI have died every day waiting for youDarling, don't be afraidI have loved you for a thousand yearsI'll love you for a thousand moreTime stands stillBeauty in all she isI will be braveI will not let anything take awayWhat's standing in front of meEvery breath, every hour has come to thisOne step closerI have died every day waiting for youDarling, don't be afraidI have loved you for a thousand yearsI'll love you for a thousand more"

They both continue dancing to the song while getting lost in each other's eyes. Switching the positions, Aaron lifted her upwards and twirled around. They were so lost in their own world that they forgot about others, and Aaron kissed her on her lips. Rosaline responded to him too and only stopped when they heard the hooting from the people. Hearing that they fall apart and embarrassedly walked in different directions.Rosaline went straight to the bar and Aaron went to Rian. Seeing him Rian was grinning and Aaron just ignored his expression. Breaking the silence, Rian said, "That was intense Bro, I can not trust that you are so in love. After that heartbreak in college, I was worried about you when you said you don't believe in love but now, I can see the love for Rosaline in your eyes and I am so happy for you."Aaron remained silent on this as he hasn't told Rian about the contract. He knows everything was getting complex with their feelings involved in this. He knew he liked her but was afraid that she also thought the same. So, he was thinking about the day when the contract would end, and what would happen after that. Thinking about that, he decided to tell his feelings to Rosaline soon even if she doesn't want anything with him, he want to take the risk.On the other side, Rosaline was fighting with her emotions, she didn't want to accept her feelings. She has trust issues and she doesn't wanna risk her heart with Aaron, to calm herself, she started drinking but even wine wasn't able to calm her so she drank 4 shots of vodka. Which somehow calmed her and she went outside, there was a garden there. She sat on the seat and started watching the sky, the sky was clear and full of stars. She sat there for 15 mins and then she turned to go inside and there she saw something or better say, someone. It was her cousin who was wearing a waitress dress and was serving drinks to the people. While serving, she was flirting with them and also trying to seduce one of the men sitting there. She can see that those people were eye-raping her and the view disgusted her a lot. She instantly called the manager and asked him to give one month's salary and fire her after the party, she doesn't want any issues in her hotel.Aaron was searching for her for about 15 minutes and was worried about her. Then he saw her talking with the manager and can see the fury in her eyes, he walked to her at a fast pace and asked, "Is there any problem Baby?". Putting his hand on her waist, he turned towards the manager and looked into his eyes furiously. The manager was stunned and was afraid of him. Watching this Rosaline replied instantly, "No Sweetheart, I was just discussing something with him".Aaron was not satisfied with her answer and continue staring at the manager, out of fear the manager replied, "Ma'am, I will do as you said and Will also come with the progress report tomorrow.""Progress Report?" Aaron asked in a confusion-filled voice. "Yes, Mr. Carter. Miss. Rosaline is the owner of this hotel. If you please excuse me, I have to check the staff", he replied.Aaron was stunned by his response and nodded to him. Once he left, he asked Rosaline, "Wow, I never knew you own a hotel too and I am impressed with the hotel, you have done a great job here.""Thanks, Actually I have not officially announced about this yet. That's why only a few people know about this." She replied with a blush.Rosaline took one more drink from the waiter and drank in one go, her mood was ruined seeing her cousin. Aaron saw her drinking furiously and got worried, he never saw her this much furious before.He asked her," Are you alright?", she nodded and asked him to take her home as she don't want to stay there anymore. Aaron nodded and went towards the parking. He could see that she was drunk completely and was not even able to walk properly, sighing, he hold her waist and provided her support from the side.Then he made her sit in the passenger seat carefully, she was awkwardly silent throughout the ride.