7. Gala

Author's POV:

It had been another hectic day for Rosaline. As she sat in her chair, she reviewed the designs for the upcoming launch. On her desk, a picture of her family stood - a portrait of a once happy family of three. Her office remained rather plain, as she preferred minimalism in her professional space. It was somewhat unusual for a fashion designer, but Rosaline didn't favor too many colors surrounding her.

Amid her deep involvement in her work, the initial knock on the door went unnoticed, followed by two more. Only on the fourth knock did she finally hear it and give permission for the visitor to enter.

Milinda, her assistant, approached Rosaline's desk, Recognizing her boss's busy demeanor, she held her silence.

"Are you going to wait all day?" Rosaline inquired in a chilly tone.

"Uh, no, Ma'am. Actually, I'm here to inform you about a meeting invitation and proposal from Carter Enterprises," Milinda hesitated, feeling the tension in the room.

Setting aside the file she was reviewing, Rosaline raised her head, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion, prompting Milinda to continue.

"Carter Enterprises is interested in collaborating with us for the promotion and launch of their new product. They're suggesting a joint Fashion Show and wish to arrange a meeting to discuss it," Milinda explained.

Crossing her arms, Rosaline pondered the proposal. "Alright, schedule a meeting with them for next week."Milinda stood hesitantly, and then Rosaline pressed, "Is there a problem?"

"Ma'am, they've requested the meeting for this week," Milinda replied.

"But I clearly stated next week. They want my time, not the other way around. Inform them it's for next week or forget it," Rosaline declared before resuming her work, leaving Milinda speechless.

Carter's Office:

Gerry entered Aaron's office and conveyed the news about the meeting. Aaron's reaction was one of anger as he raised his voice, "How dare she? I offer her a once-in-a-lifetime chance to gain fame by partnering with me, and she shows me her ego. We don't need this collaboration. Instruct the management team to devise a new plan."

"But Boss, that will take longer, and we're already behind schedule. Moreover, Rose Fashion is currently trending, a collaboration would bring us significant profit," Gerry explained.

"So, you want me to bow down to her or plead with her to discuss this?" Aaron shouted once more.

"No, Boss, I have an idea. I checked Miss Rosaline's schedule with her assistant, and it's tightly packed. However, she will be attending the Gala tomorrow, hosted by your friend at Rian Enterprises, to which we've also been invited. You can go there and discuss the matter with her," Gerry suggested, a sly grin on his face.

"Sometimes, you seem like a secret agent. Where did you acquire these planning skills?" Aaron chuckled, his grin mirroring Gerry's.

"I was born smart, Boss," Gerry replied, his cheeks blushing slightly.

"Alright, then. Let's attend the Gala tomorrow. Prepare a suit for me," Aaron said, a determined look in his eyes. He wanted to test Rosaline's resolve and discover the source of her attitude.

The Gala Day:

Having completed her office work early, Rosaline returned to her apartment, where she arranged to meet Milinda at 8 in the evening. They would be attending the event together.Rosaline indulged in a warm bath before visiting her walk-in closet. She carefully selected a gown she had designed herself for the occasion. Known as the fashion queen, she never neglected to create her own outfits for such events.

The gown she chose for the evening was a stunning floor-length red number, featuring a sequined slit and an off-shoulder v-neck design. It gave her a sexy yet professional appearance. Small maroon stones adorned the front, adding a subtle sparkle. Her red-blonde hair flowed in loose curls at the ends, and with a touch of light makeup and red lipstick, Rosaline looked positively glamorous. She completed her look with a rose-shaped diamond pendant, a red diamond-studded clutch, and seven-inch red pencil heels.

Precisely at 8 pm, Milinda arrived, donning a white Rose Fashion gown. With minimal makeup, she exuded elegance.

Both women settled into Rosaline's latest acquisition, a red Lamborghini. Rosaline had a personal preference for the front seat due to a childhood accident, and she usually drove herself. It might have appeared surreal to others, considering her wealth, but she paid little heed to what others thought. Tonight was no exception; she chose to drive herself to the event.

I am so looking forward to the gala night, Are you guys too?

I have changed the name and cover of the novel. The new one suits this better I think, do share your opinion on it.

~ Love, Author