10. Emotions

Rosaline POV:

After leaving those two good-for-nothing men, I interacted with other people including some of my clients and some potential Companies who want to collaborate with me. Then I went towards Mr. Rian Sleeves who was also interacting with other people. Seeing me he smiled and excused others.

"Hope you are enjoying the party Miss Anderson", He asked. "Yes, Mr. Sleeves the party is nice and I must say you have done a great job in your palace in terms of interior and build both and please call me Rosaline", I said with a small smile.

"Okay, Rosaline, and thanks for the humble appreciation. Well, not more beautiful than your brand designs I think. My wife loves your dresses and always asks me to buy them. She also loves the skin products that you started this year. She is a fan of yours and wanted to meet you", He said with a warm smile.

Yes, I started the skincare products this year with Rose Care Name, but they are new to the market and only a few people know about them. 

"Oh, I would love to meet your wife" I replied.

"Sure, Give me a moment. Let me bring her" He said and moved towards her wife who I think was wearing the Purple gown designed by me.

After a few minutes, both of them came toward me, She's beautiful and there was a different glow on her face which made her prettier.

"Rosaline, meet my wife Raya Sleeves. 

Sweetheart, meet Rosaline, I don't think you need an introduction for her," Rian said with a calm voice.

"Hello Mrs. Sleeves, it's a pleasure to meet you", I said with a small smile.

"Oh My God, I can't believe, I finally met you." She said with an overwhelming expression and hugged me. I was a bit surprised with her greetings and I think my face showed that.

"I'm sorry, I scared you. Nice to meet you, Miss Anderson, I am a big fan of yours. I love your designs and also the skin care products", she said this time with a calm voice.

"Not at all Mrs. Sleeves. I'm glad I could meet you and you can call me Rosaline. You are very beautiful in person and your face is glowing differently ", I replied.

"Oh, thanks, Rosaline. Call me Raya, we are expecting our first child, it's been two months and that's the real reason for the glow I guess", she replied with a blush. As soon as the words settled into my mind, I froze. Hearing her pregnancy news, all the emotions came to me about my mother.

The memories of that day came rushing to my mind. And I could no longer see anything there, it was like I was not at the party. I can see the car, hear the voices of my mother, father, and me, singing the song and laughing, and then the words that the doctor told me.

Suddenly, someone touched my arm and I came out of the memory, I could see the worried expressions of Mr. and Mrs. Sleeves.

"Are you alright Rosaline, we were calling you for the last 5 minutes but didn't give any response. And why are you crying?" hearing Rian I touched my face and yes there were tears in my eyes, after cleaning them I said, 

"Yes, I am fine. it's just....... umm nothing. Congratulations to you guys, this is great news. Can you please just excuse me, I need to go to the restroom?"

They nodded and even showed me the way to the restroom. I am grateful to them that they didn't ask anything again. And I almost ran toward the restroom.

Going inside, I cleaned my face with water and then saw myself in the mirror. The memories of that day still haunt me and I know the reason is somehow I blame myself for that accident, if only I hadn't asked them to take me to the amusement park that day, nothing like that would have happened.

"You can not show your emotions to others Rosaline, they would only take advantage of them," I told myself and after calming myself I went outside with a stern face.