24. Staying at the parents

Rosaline's POV:

Meeting with Aaron's parents was better than I imagined. They are really nice people, they have this warm aura around them, even Mia is really nice and I can see their behavior was genuine. Seeing their interaction with each other, I somehow remembered my family. This is how my family would be If only they were alive today even my brother or sister would have been of the same age as Mia. Thinking about that I somehow become emotional but hid that from others.We were now in the dining room, his mother has prepared so many dishes for us. And, I must say, they were really nice and all of these things were reminding my mother. I was sitting beside Aaron, and Mia was sitting beside her mother facing us. Mr. Carter was sitting on the head chair.Suddenly, Mrs. Carter said with concern, "Dear, didn't you like the food, I see you are not eating much" and now everyone was staring at me.

Clearing my throat I replied, "Um no Aunty, the food is good. It just made me remember my mother's food."

"Oh, where are your parents? Do they also live in New York?", She asked.

"umm, no. They died in an accident 14 years ago." I said with a stern voice. This is a topic that I don't like others talking about.

And now they were all silent, great, this is awkward now.

"Oh, I'm sorry dear. We didn't know about that", She replied.

"It's fine Aunty, only a few people know about that. Although my father was a great businessman I never mentioned them in the media " I responded.

"Oh, a businessman. Would you mind telling us about them a bit, I mean if you are fine with that." Mr. Carter asked.

"Dad, please", Aaron intertwined.

"It's Fine Aaron," I said to him, "My Father was the CEO of Anderson Enterprise while my mother was the vice president. They were a happy couple and everyone admired them a lot. After their death, my uncle took over the company and he wasn't able to handle it so it was shut down." I said with a bitter voice, I didn't mention other details as they were still strangers to me.

"Anderson Enterprise... Oh, yes I remember now. Cara, you remember we met them once at an award ceremony." he said facing Mrs. Carter.

"Oh, are you talking about the year after we got married love?" Mrs. Carter replied.

"Yes, It was Gwen Anderson, right? He won the best businessman of the Year award that year and we had dinner with them. They were a charming couple indeed." he said to me.

"Yes", I said my voice choking. I was on the verge of crying. Any memory of them always makes me emotional.

"Now, I remember where I saw you Rosaline, you are a copy of your mother. She was as beautiful as you are and she was lovely.", Mrs. Carter said with a sweet tone.

Ok, I can't take it anymore and I think Aaron understood that somehow. He put his hand over me, and somehow that calmed me. And he switched the conversation to Mia's driving classes. I would always be thankful to him for that.

Once the dinner is done, we came into the living room, it was time to go home but suddenly I felt sleepy and I put my head on Aaron's arm for support.

Then I heard his parents asking for a night's stay at their house. Aaron asked me and due to sleepiness, I nodded and then I heard them asking him to take me to his room.

And suddenly I felt myself in the air, I tried to open my eyes and saw Aaron carrying me in bridal style to upwards. He was looking as handsome as ever and I could feel butterflies in my stomach.

He stopped in front of a room and opened it. Entering it, he placed me on the bed, and that was the last thing I remember before falling into a deep slumber.

Aaron's POV:

Today, I saw Rosaline getting emotional for the first time. I never knew about her parents, she was on the verge of tears when dad talked about her parents. I wanted to hug her badly at that time, but I stopped myself from doing so. But I knew one thing today she is hiding so many emotions inside her, and I think her coldness is due to her past, today she made me more interested in her. I want to know about her more and I want to make her forget those bad memories somehow only if she opens up with me.

I know I have feelings for her, but it's not love maybe sympathy. Thinking about this, I covered her with a quilt and went to sleep on the couch.

Hey readers, I am back with new chapters. Hope you like them. 

Thanks, enjoy!