80. Asking mom, rory and lane

A/N: this is a filler chapter so it won't be long and it wont be a full chapter.

"Rory, can I talk to you for a minute?" I ask her as I walk into her bedroom.

I thought it was about time to ask mom, Rory and lane if they'll be part of the bridal party.

"Sure, what's up?" Rory moves up on her bed so I could sit next to her.

Mom was out at Luke's getting dinner and Tristan was on the phone to his old friend, that is now his best man for the wedding.

Tristan had told me all about him. He was a year older than us and his name is Logan. From what Tristan told me, he sounded really nice. I can't wait to meet him.

"So, as you know I'm getting married soon." I begin. "And since we were little we both agreed that we'd be each others maid of honors."

"Yeah..." Rory smiles at me

"So, Rory, will you be my maid of honor?" I question and before she could answer she tackles me to the ground, meaning we both fall off of the bed. Laying on the floor I look at her. "I'm guessing that's a yes?"

"A million time yes. Tori, you are my twin, of course I'm gonna say yes." Rory laughs and I hug her again.

"Okay, good, because I really want you to be." I laugh with her.

"So, who's gonna be your other bridesmaids?" Rory asks me

"I'm gonna ask lane." I tell her

"What about mom?"

"I have something else planned for mom. Your gonna have to wait and see though." I reply

"Thank you for asking me Tori."

"Of course I would have asked you. I'd cancel the wedding if you weren't my maid of honor." I reveal. "And, I've decided that the maid of honor and bridesmaid can decide what dress they want to wear."

"Wait, so I can pick whatever dress I want to?" Rory asks

"Whatever dress you want to. I understand that most people make the bridal party wear dresses that the bride had picked, but that so unfair." I justify

"Thank you, tori."

"I'm so happy you agreed to be my maid of honor." I tell her

"I would have to be dead to say no." Rory jokes

"Anyway, now I have to ask lane. Do you reckon Mrs Kim will allow her to be. We both know lane has no control of her life decisions."

"It's always worth a try."

"Lane, I need to ask you something." I see lane entering her house and I quickly jog up to catch her before she walked in.  

"Sure. Ask away."

"You have been mine and Rory's friend for as long as I can remember." I begin

"Yes..."

"And I want you to be my bridesmaid for the wedding." I state

"Oh, tori. I would be honoured to be your bridesmaid. Thank you." She hugs me

"Thank you for saying yes." I smile at her as we separate from the hug.

"So, what are the bridesmaids wearing? Are there any accessories? What are—" lane begins asking questions really excitedly.

"Woah, lane, calm down. Bridesmaids get to choose what dresses they wear." I explain

"Oh, thank god. I mean, you are the queen at fashion. You'll be the next Stella McCartney, but we have different taste." Lane justifies

"And that is exactly why I'm letting you and Rory choose what you wear."

"Thank you for choosing me, tori." Lane hugs me again.

"You're one of my best friends, lane."

"So, I can already picture what I'm gonna be..." lane begins rambling and I laugh slightly.

"Mom, can you please sit down?" I ask mom. She was pacing the living room for no reason. She was just bored.

"Sure, hon. What's wrong?"

"It's about the wedding." I begin

"What about the wedding?"

"As you know, I have asked Rory to be my maid of honor, and lane to be a bridesmaid. I would ask you to be a bridesmaid, but I don't want you to." I continue

"Well, I feel very flattered." Mom jokes, Confused as to why I said that.

"Growing up, it was always me, you and Rory. That's how it always was. Every night when we were younger, me and Rory would tell each other how much we wished dad was here. But he never was. Never. And I am still so angry at him for that, which is why I don't want him walking me down the aisle. I've already spoken to him about it. He understands and he just wants me to be happy with the wedding. Me the reason why I'm rambling about all of this, is because I don't want you to be a bridesmaid. Instead, I want you to walk me down the aisle. I mean, I know it's normally the fathers job, but you were always there for me and Rory growing up. You were the one who—"

"Oh, Tori, I would love to walk you down the aisle." Mom kisses my head and hugs me. I can see tears in her eyes and I smile at her reaction. For some reason, I had a doubt that she would say no.

"Okay, good." I laugh, along with a crying mom.

"I can't believe how fast you are growing up." Mom admits whilst still hugging me. "I mean in my eyes, you are still my baby girl. You are still the baby who cry for the hell of it, making me so moody. And you are still the girl who fell madly in love with kicking a ball around at the independence inn making Michel angry at you. You were the girl who wouldn't go into kindergarten and would sit there crying that you wanted 'mommy' and would only stop if I picked you up. And now — now you have you own little girls, and you are getting married. Soon you'll be moving out. And I'm not ready to lose my baby girl." Mom says. In between all of that, me and mom moved to the couch and now I was sat, my head on moms shoulder and mom playing with my hair.

"I still am you're baby girl mom. I always will be. And you'll always be my mommy because I need my mommy. Always." I reveal to mom

"I love you hon." Mom kisses my head.

"I love you too mommy."

This chapter was 1084 words!