8. The deer hunters: part 2

One evening, mom was testing me and Rory on out Shakespeare knowledge for the test tomorrow.

"The comedy of errors was written?"

"1590." I say

"Published?"

"1698." Rory says

"No, 1624, I think." I said

"1623. Close."

"How is that close, I guessed 75 years off." Rory says

"Yeah but Tori got 1 year off and any way 75 year is still close, it's under 100 years." Mom says trying to make Rory feel better.

"Since when is that a rule." Rory questions mom.

"Okay, Richard III?"

"1591." Rory says confidently

Mom makes an annoying sound.

"93?" I ask, not knowing the actual date.

She makes the sound again.

"96?"

She makes the sound yet again.

"Okay that's really annoying mom, can you please stop." I say politely

She makes it again to make me even more annoyed.

"Really mom, you're not 5!" I state getting up to go and get a drink from the kitchen.

Rory was studying in the kitchen and I was in the lounge.

Mom then comes through so I can talk to her about Shakespeare, which must be really boring for her.

"Go in. I'm listening."

"The sonnets are 154 poems of 14 lines." I say

"Except?"

"Except for 126, which is 12 lines."

"Good."

"They're written in iambic pentameter." I say continuing.

"Except?" She asks me

"Except for 145, which is in tetrameter."

"Rock on sister." Mom says to me.

"Really?"

"Not one mistake!"

"Wow!" I say proud of myself

"How do you feel?" Mom asks me

"Nauseous."

"Well I don't think the fries and horseradish sauce was the best idea we had." Mom says making a good point.

"It was satisfying in the moment though." Rory shouts form the kitchen.

"I think you two are gonna blow that class away tomorrow." Mom says encouraging us both.

"You think?"

"I think"

"So, what do you say we call it a night and get some beauty sleep?" Mom suggests, I've got to admit, I am really tired but I want to show Mr Medina that I can get more than a D.

"You go. I wanna review my notes one more time." Rory says

"Yeah I will too, but I'm really tired so it won't be for long." I say whilst yawning.

I get my notes out and go to the table so it is easier to write. About half an hour later, I needed to take a break and so I go and see mom in the living room. To my expectations, I find her fast asleep on the couch and so I put a blanket on her and head back to Rory in the kitchen.

Victoria Gilmore - Gilmore Girls On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara