11. Rory and Tori's birthday parties: part 1

"Tomorrow our lawyer, Joseph Stanford is coming by." Grandma stated to me, Rory and mom.

"Ugh, crazy Sissy's dad." Mom says unimpressed.

"That's terrible! Sissy was a good friend of yours." Grandma says directly to mom.

"Mom, Sissy talked to her stuffed animals and they answered her." Mom replies back.

"Let's just start a new topic." Rory suggests.

"You're impossible!" Grandma says, ignoring Rory.

"She said a new topic mom."

"Everything's a joke. Everyone's a punch line." Grandma says continuing.

"Okay, I'm sorry." Mom says, not bothered.

"My daughter- Henny Youngman."

"Sorry for that. A little trouble in our China office. Well, what did I miss?" Grandpa asks whilst coming into the dining room.

"I was being impossible then I turned into a Jewish comedian." Mom says to grandpa, filling him in.

"Oh, well, continue."

"Thank you, where was I?" Grandma asks us all.

"Joseph Stanford is coming tomorrow." I says to her

"Yes, so girls, your grandfather and I thought it might be nice that after dinner for you to go around the house and pick out what you'd like us to leave you in our will." Grandma explains

"Take a Look at that Desk in my office. It's a really fine Georgian piece." Grandpa says to us.

"Why don't I ever bring a tape recorder to these dinners?" Mom says and I laugh.

"Well, anything you want to leave me is fine." Rory says

"Nonsense. You should have what you like. So just look around, if you like anything, stuck a post it on it." Grandma says politely.

"Okay. You two have hit a level of weird that even I marvel at." Mom exclaims, making a good point.

"You can pick out things too." Grandma says towards mom.

"Oh well now it's way less creepy."

"Do you hear that Richard? Apparently we're creepy." Grandma says not bothered as to what mom said.

"Yes, well, you live and learn."

"Oh, cool" Rory says as dessert is being served.

"What is that?" Mom asks her

"It's dessert." Grandma responds

"It's pudding."

"Well, if you knew what it was why did you ask?" Grandma says making a really good point.

"You don't like pudding"

"Yes but you three like pudding." Grandma answers

"Oh I love pudding. I worship it. I have a bowl up on the Mantel at home with the Virgin Mary next to it."

"I have never had pudding from a crystal bowl before." Rory says

"You like the bowl?" Grandma questions her and Rory hums in response. "Put a post it on it when you are done."

"So what do we think of this?" Mom asks us both. We had finished eating and now we were walking through the house looking for things to post it.

"Where would we put it?" Rory asks

"I don't know. The Emily and Richard Gilmore psycho museum?" Mom suggests

"This is the strangest evening I've ever spent here." Rory responds and me and mom agree.