23. Forgiveness and stuff: part 1

It is currently Wednesday and I was helping mom with the costumes for the nativity pageant.

"Ow." Kirk says as I work on his outfit.

"Hold still Kirk." I Mutter

"You stuck me." He moans

"I did not stick you."

"You did too." He continues

"Okay, be quiet now."

"Okay, listen up! The arm is missing! I repeat, the arm is missing!" Taylor shouts as he holds up baby Jesus.

"What are you doing?" I ask Kirk as he flinches.

"Nothing."

"You're flinching. Do you know what? Mom, can you take over for me? Kirk is annoying me." I say, making a big fuss over it as he really was annoying me.

"Ugh, why me." Mom groans

"You'd do anything for me though." I say and give her puppy eyes.

"Don't you dare use the puppy eyes!" Mom warns

"You were the one that taught them to me." I point out

"Fair enough."

It had been 4 days since the argument between mom and Rory and the tension between them was unbearable. It was like they both wanted to forgive and forget, but they weren't.

School hasn't been getting any easier. People staring. People whispering. It will go on for a while, I know that.

I hadn't spoken to the grandparents either. If anything, I didn't want to. I knew they would just lecture me, and I don't need that.

"Well?" Taylor asks Rory as I walk over to her.

"I swear, I've looked twice." Rory says. "Tori, you look. You'll be my witness."

"Look again." Taylor warns

"Taylor, come quickly. Our 'before' Mary is about to become an 'after.' Who else in town is knocked up, apart form Tori." Patty whispers to Taylor before they walk away.

I then spot mom and Rory staring at each other and I sigh loudly so that they both notice. I was sick and tired of it now.

"Find the arm?" Mom asks Rory and me, trying to break the awkward silence.

"No." Rory simply says and the awkward silence returns.

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas." Mom says sourly.

"So looks like it's just you and me next Friday." Mom tells me as she enters the dining hall.

Rory had gone to town with lane, whilst I had stayed to earn some extra cash at the inn.

"Why?" I ask

"Grandma only wants Rory at the dinner and I don't wanna go." She says casually.

"Oh okay." I say, a bit sadly.

"I'll make sure we go to Luke's or order a pizza or something." Mom says and smiles

"Okay, thanks mom."

"I wish you'd change your mind." Rory shouts to me and mom form the kitchen.

"It's not our minds that needs to be changed." Mom states for the both of us.

"I don't think she meant it."

"Oh she meant it." Mom says to Rory

"We'll, maybe she thinks she meant it at the time, but I bet you she won't when I show up without you two."

Victoria Gilmore - Gilmore Girls On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara