12. Rory and Tori's birthday parties: part 2

I get my makeup and everything and make my way downstairs again and me and mom jump in her car to drive to Chilton. We picked up Rory and drove to grandma and grandpa's house for the party.

"Jeez mom, leave some servants for the rest of the neighbourhood." Mom exclaims to grandma.

"There they are. The birthday girls." Grandma says to me and Rory.

"Hey grandma." I state

"Wow your really went all out, huh?"

"Well, I wanted everything perfect. What do you think?" Grandma questions

"I think Edith Wharton would have been proud and would have been taken notes. Here babes, go get changed." Mom says and hands us both of our dresses. Me and mom had been working on the dresses together as grandma picked them out and they were hideous. So me and mom came up with a plan to make them a bit less hideous.

"Hey babe. Nice party." Tristan says as he kisses me.

"Yeah, not my ideal party but still a good one."

"Hey, do you want a drink, I can go get you one?" He asks me, what a gentleman.

"Yes please baby, can I just have some water." I ask

"Yeah, I'll go get it now." He says and leaves.

I then see mom and Rory just down the hall and so I go and sit with them. A man brings round some food on a platter and the smell is enough to make me throw up and so I run upstairs. Mom comes running up the stairs with me.

"Sorry mom, that food smelled hideous. I couldn't be there." I say sadly as everything is just about the sickness, what could it be?

"It's okay hon. I didn't want to be there anyway, so why don't we just stay up here." Mom says and looks around her old room.

Just then, Rory comes running in crying.

"Rory, why are you here?" I ask her going up to hug her.

"Grandma wants us to make a speech but because she can't find you, it would only be me." She says

"I'm sorry Rory, the smell of all the food made me throw up. I couldn't go back down." I explain to her.

"No, it's okay Tori. I hope you get well soon though." Rory says to me whilst side hugs me.

"Yeah, by the way, I booked an appointment at the hospital. It's on Sunday at 10am." Mom says

"Thanks mom, I hope they can give me something to take away the sickness."

"There you are!" Grandma exclaims as she walks through the door. "You three are being very rude! This isn't my birthday party."

"Sorry mom." Mom says quietly.

"Honestly, the way the three of you act."

"Grandma, I want to say-" Rory begins to say but gets cut off by grandma.

"-we'll talk about this later. Now go."

We then rush out of the room and make our way downstairs.

"Hey babe, where did you go. I went to get you a drink and then you were gone." Tristan says as he walks up to me.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! A waiter came round with some weird food thing and I smelt it and then I got a sudden urge to throw up and so I ran upstairs and then mom and Rory joined me." I say whilst I hugged him as I needed a hug right now.

"Oh it's okay Tori. I hope you feel better soon." He says and kisses me.

"Me and Rory have another party tomorrow at our house, will you be able to make it?" I ask him