But then blaring memory of those four words coming from his lips interrupts your angry blubbering.

We're just too different.

"No, Anatoliy," you mutter. "No we're not... You said nothing... nothing could ever... get in the way of our love," you groan in pain as another wave of pain hits you. "We're not too different... We're not... We're f***ing not..."

You sniff, shaking your head, removing your hands from your messy, tangled, hopeless mop of hair. So pathetic. Crying over him. You should just stop loving him...

But you can't.

He's too loveable.

Even after that.

Such a f***ing idiot.

You wipe your nose and eyes with your arm, not caring if that's gross or not, and roll over again, onto your side. You stare into the dark room, refusing not to imagine his arms around you from behind. You just stare into the complete darkness.

But your eyes just won't adjust to the darkness, now, will they?

You roll over once again, your eyes fluttering open as they are assaulted with the bright light coming from the sun out the window. You sigh. A Sunday morning- the only day you don't have to work- and the stupid sun had to wake you up. You're already in a foul mood, and this just adds the cherry on top to it.

You roll out of bed, going to take a shower. As you get dressed in a brown oversized comfortable sweater, skinny ripped blue jeans, and Nikes, you figure maybe you'll go out to a cafe today for breakfast just to feel something. You decide to just leave your hair down, falling over your shoulders. You do your makeup darker than usual, but still a very natural look, before grabbing your purse and heading out the door. You go to your car and start driving, feeling comforted from the lingering pain within you simply by the warm and softness of the cloth of your sweater surrounding you. You purposely chose this to wear, because it is a sweater that you bought after the breakup. You want to stay away from anything that might remind you of him. For right now, just the morning, all you want is a nice outing with you and yourself, where you don't have to think. You just want to be able to do something without him on your mind, so you're determined to not let him overtake your thoughts.

You walk in, inhaling deeply the sweet, comforting smells of pastries and coffee, and enjoying the soft chatter of people around you and the soft music in the background. You walk up to the counter to order a little snack and a beverage. Soon it comes, and you take it, turning to walk to a table.

But as you turn around, your eyes fall upon the door.

But not just the door. Specifically, the person walking into the shop, through the door.

And you feel like, all the sudden, you can't breathe. You hands start to shake, and you nearly let your warm coffee slip out of your hand. You stand frozen, staring, not sure what to do.

And he does, too.

His soft, light pink lips are slightly parted, and he's looking at you with his wide, deep, chocolate brown eyes that you've always loved. Right now, at this moment, you don't know if you love or hate them.

He's standing right in front of the door. The only way to get out of here, away from him, would be to walk straight past him.

So it sinks in that your two options are staying in the same building as him, or walking right past him. Neither of them are ideal, especially since your eyes are already starting to sting with tears.

You want to run away and sob and f***ing die in a f***ing hole.

And then he takes a step towards you.

And he mouths your name.

And then he says it.

And suddenly, you loose control, and the tears fall once again. You don't sob. You just stand there silently, looking at him, face relaxed, as tears flood down your face.

In slow motion, he runs up to you. In slow motion, he takes your hand, and he drags you out of the shop. In slow motion, he brings you to his car, and in slow motion, you get in the passenger's seat as he gets into the driver's.

And you start sobbing. You don't even know what's happening as your hands become wet with tears, and you feel your ex's arms wrap around your body in a hug that feels so... so loving. And for some reason, that just makes you cry more.

You're not sure how long you sit there and sob, but soon enough, you're hugging him back, crying into his shoulder.

Somehow, after however long, you calm your tears, and look up at him. "An- Anatoliy..." is all you can say. All you can say is his first name.

"Y/n..." he says softly. You realise that his eyes are watering. He continues to hold you tight, before saying, "Are you... dating anyone?"

You hesitate, before saying with a sniff, "No... I'm not..."

"I'm so sorry," he says as he strokes your hair, his voice cracking. "My God, I've missed you. I love you so much... Please... Ever since I left you, I've been miserable. I need you... I love you, okay? It was stupid of me. Of course hard times are going to come, and I just wasn't strong enough to get through it. But getting through it is worth being with you... I love you so damn much... I've been... far from myself without you... I... will you... Can we get back together, my love? Please? I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..."

"You... You said... You said we're just... We're just too different."

You watch as a single tear rolls down his cheek, and his voice cracks as he says, "Baby, no... No..." He hugs you, putting his chin on your shoulder, whispering into your ear, "I won't do it again... You remember what I said... Oh my God, but I love you... Please, baby... My love, I need you... Don't you need me? Don't we miss each other? I'm so f***ing sorry... I'll let you go the moment you say you don't love me anymore... Just..." He sniffs, hugging you even tighter. "My God, please. Please, Y/n, please," he begs.

"I just don't want you to do it again..." you say, your voice distorted as another wave of tears comes. "We need to stay in it together. Through thick and through thin. In good times and bad. Please don't do this to me again."

"I won't... I see... I hate to see you cry like that way you were... Please, baby, please..."

You sniff, wiping your eyes with your arm, and whisper gently in his ear, "Baby, I love you."

"So..." his voice fades off as he leans away slightly, hope in his red eyes, looking at you.

"Yes, I want to be together," you sniff.

"Oh honey..." he breathes, gently stroking your cheek this time. "C- Can I kiss you?"

You voice cracks. "Oh God, I've had dreams about you asking me that again... Yes, my love, please kiss me."

He kisses you. It's messy, but passionate, and you kiss him back. Finally when he pulls away, he mutters, "I love you too much to ever leave you again. No matter how different I think we are... Never again will I leave you..."

And finally, a little teasing smile appears on your face. You very gently flick his nose as you say with your thick voice, puffy eyes, and red cheeks from all that crying, "You better not."