Ache- Part Two of Confession

The bell rings and everyone walks out of school. Selena yawns and wipes her eyes.

"You okay?" Jack asks.

Selena nods and they all head to the bots who were. Selena heads to Optimus and gets inside. 

Selena expected her and Optimus to be talking, but instead, they were quiet. During the whole ride, just straight-up quiet. They got to the base and Optimus went straight to talk to Ratchet. Selena didn't know why, but she felt an ache in her chest.

He had been so amazing so far, but why was he ignoring her?

Selena is cut from her thoughts, as she hears the very familiar words.

"Autobots roll out!"

Just as fast as she was brought back, just as fast they leave. Selena stands there looking at the ground bridge and watching Prime ride off. She sighs and turns towards the exit of the base.

"Where do you think you're going?" Ratchet asks her as he looks away from the screen to turn to her.

"Home."

"Come on, dude. Stay and hang out." Miko begs Selena.

"No thanks, Miko."

Ratchet says and walks away from the screen before turning to Ralph.

"Keep an eye out. I'll take her."

Way home

Selena kept on fidgeting her fingers as Ratchet drove. Somehow, the ache in her chest felt stronger and stronger. The last time, she felt an ache like this was when she found out about Noah's infidelity.

Little did she know that Ratchet knew why she was acting the way she was.

"There's no need for you to worry."

Optimus may not have told him, but Ratchet knew Prime long enough to know him. 

Selena looks up and felt as if her heart stopped for one split second.

"I-I don't know what you're talking."

Ratchet stops and locks the doors.

"Optimus is afraid."

Selena scoffs at this as she finds it ironic.

"Afraid? You're telling me the 'Optimus Prime' is afraid?"

Ratchet stays quiet confirming her question.

"He loves you. He really does, however, he's afraid to be with you-"

"Well, boy he wasn't afraid before!" She yells out in anger.

"Look, just drop me off at my place, Ratchet. I know you're friends and all but the one who should do the talking is him." 

Ratchet sighs and goes back to driving.