100

The next week had some interesting updates. Hailey had messaged me that Acacia was alive, so I was relived. That meant that the two of them definitely bonded. Then, I was told Acacia had been taken. Had no idea what that meant since the message was vague and seemed rushed. It took 6 days for me to hear from Hailey again. And then I found out she has a mate now? Like what?

Mila had come back. Thank god. But, the lot of them had deep wounds and looked worse for wear. Mila cockily smiled and stated that she had the wolves. I released a sigh of relief and embraced her. I couldn't give a shit about the others. I gave Mila my blood to help speed up her recovery. Like I said earlier, I didn't care about the others so I didn't offer them anything.

I then took Mila to Croatia to see our daughter. I'm sure Zena will be stoked to see her. As we were leaving, a diplomat from the wolf realm visited the villa. He was immediately apprehended by security, but stated that there was a pack that wished to offer their support to the cause. We just needed to meet with the alpha. Mila and I were hesitant to trust him, but we didn't have any better options.

So we went to Croatia and invited Zena to join us. The caveat was that her new wife demanded to tag along. So we allowed her and that was the worst decision we could've made. The meeting turned out to be a surprise attack. Zena went ballistic when a wolf harmed Acacia. She was then so fearful of her dark nature that she sprinted off.

"I didn't-"

"We know." Mila and I spoke. "She's just so fearful." Mila sighed and helped Acacia up. "Let's head back."

I placed a gentle hand along acacia's back. She was teary eyed as she regretted how she stared at Zena. She blamed herself and was literally hysterical. I opened a portal and guided acacia through. Mila had to make a phone call, so she walked off. I rubbed acacia's back while she cried into me.

"Lara! Lara! Emergency!" Hailey whizzed to me.

"Look, I'm sorry how I treated you. You didn't deserve-"

"Zena's gone!"

I held a hand up and took a moment. Acacia was shellshocked while I stared at the ceiling and questioned the good lord over Hailey's existence. Literally her only job is to watch over Zena. And how many times has she lost my dear Zena? I think I'll run out of digits trying to count. I pinched the bridge of my nose before pointing at the vampire.

"You're aware of your job, correct?" I sarcastically smiled.

"There's no time for your shit, Allura! The girl is gone!" Hailey sped to me. "Gone! Gone! Not in this realm type of gone!"

"How?" I struggled to remain calm. "How?" My voice cracked. "HOW?!" I roared.

"I heard screams and went to investigate." My head snapped to Bridgette. "I was too late. Kennedy and Zena's scents. It seems they're were dragged into the mud, but that served as a portal."

"Lilitu." Mila crushed the phone in her hand. "It has to be."

"The demons stunk of her." Bridgette scoffed.

"Is anyone gonna give me a bright idea on how I'll retrieve my daughter or should I go apeshit? The clock is ticking down. I'm vastly approaching revealing hell on earth!"

"Adira needs to know and-"

"That was already taken care of." I heard demonic laughter.

"Oh, so help me god." I turned to find a blonde demon. "And who may you be?"

"Aren't you polite." She teased.

"Careful, my politeness meter is dangerously low. I'd suggest you hurry up before Dior decides to make an appearance." I allowed my eyes to darken.