90

I kept pacing the office because I was beyond furious. Yes, I knew Zena had gone missing for 2 days. What I wasn't aware of was the fact that she was being chased by demons! She conveniently left that part out. Zena had ran off before shouting that demons chased her. That left me and Hailey to stare at each other. Hailey appeared sheepish and gave me a nervous smile. She then zipped away. It took me a day to calm. And I'm still not calm!

"What's got your butthole in a twist?" Bridgette entered the office.

"I'm not in a mood to be trifled with, Bridgette." I snapped. "I'm ready to mangle someone's guts."

"Okay." She shuffled around me. "You requested Francesca and I meet with you. What's wrong?"

"My daughter was missing."

"We know." Francesca sighed and closed the door. "And we're sorry that you were scared."

"Sorry we didn't send out an APB." Bridgette rolled her eyes.

"I found out she was chased by demons." They seemed interested to know more. "That's unheard of. Why were demons targeting her?! Tell me!"

"They're aware that harming Zena automatically means war with the vampires and maybe even wolves. They are aware? Right, Bridgette?" Francesca asked.

"One would assume they'd know." Bridgette slowly spoke. "Maybe not to severely harm, but to kidnap and blackmail you with her. They wouldn't be stupid enough to severely harm her. At least, I'd hope not."

"Is this the work of Lilitu?!" I snapped.

"We don't believe it's from Lilith or Lucifer." Bridgette shook her head. "Not the Hell demons, so-"

"Dark realm! That's Lilitu! It's her!"

"Adira should've trapped her in a box." Francesca shook her head.

"She should've been chopped to bits." I muttered. "But, she at least has someone aiding her."

"That's it!" Bridgette sped to me. "Normally , you're so stupid l but you randomly have bouts of genius."

"And you're surprised I wish to kill her?" I asked Francesca.

"Lara, you're correct. Lilitu is seeking help. Somehow, I don't know. But, someone is aiding her. It only makes sense. Yes, she maybe powerful. But, she can't be that powerful to be galvanizing an army and enacting her plan without a loyal follower."

"Who'd be stupid enough to help her?" I asked.

"I have my money on Eris." Bridgette smirked. "Just because she's a Jørgensen and that she'll be your future in laws."

"Acaciaisn't-"

"I don't believe Eris is involved." Francesca interrupted. "Yes, she's a lot of things, but she wouldn't be betraying her people like that. She'll do whatever she believes in the best interest of her people. Because at the end of the day, she's a princess and vowed an oath to protect her people."

"It's highly suspicious that she left to be a diplomat and now the light realm is in chaos." Bridgette raised a brow. "Are we to assume she's not involved? And then to cause discord amongst the students here? What's her angle?"

"Does she have a personal vendetta against you?" Francesca faced me.

"Never met her or any of her family members." I answered.

"Then, she just wants to watch the world burn." Bridgette laughed. "What a psycho!"

"You seem far to entertained with this." Francesca narrowed her eyes.