30

I glanced at my phone and saw it was close to 10pm. Dante had planned to attack at 9:45 pm, but I didn't tell Mila that. I didn't want her to be involved in the fight right away. I figured I couldn't stall her any longer, so I motioned for her to stand up with me. I also wanted to have some fun with her, so I diverted in a different direction.

I took her to a church and dipped my fingers in the holy water. I know in some media they claim that vampires can be burned by holy water, so I hissed when my fingers touched it. She rolled her eyes at my playfulness.

I made the sign of the cords and nudged her to do the same. I then led her to the booth to pray. I believe they do this in The Godfather right before they kill someone, and we're about to slaughter a pack.

Mila closed her eyes. I was starting to get bored since her eyes were still closed. Jeez, how much longer is she going to be kneeling. She then opened her eyes and furrowed them.

"Why are we here?" She whispered. "Is it because you're Catholic?"

"Oh, I'm far from religious. There's no hope for my soul." I shrugged.

"Then why are we here?" I smirked when she hissed at me.

"Uh because your family is the mafia and I wanted to emulate how in The Godfather they always go to church or a church scene plays right before they kill someone. And we're about to annihilate Angelo and his men so I thought we should reenact the scene, especially since we're in Italy." I wanted to live out the fantasy. "Hey, you're no fun." She rolled her eyes and stood up.

"We're wasting time." I heard her state.

"No, Dante doesn't want you involved in the raid since you're valuable." Her eyes widened in shock. Uh, she looks mad. "That's why they started their attack 30 minutes before schedule."

"You mean they're there now?!"

"They've been there for around 45 minutes." I shrugged.

I didn't have time to react before she sped off. Hey! I quickly followed her, but she was running on adrenaline. She was way ahead of me by the time I reached the tunnels. I had difficulty following her scent because of all the different scents plaguing my nose. It also smelled like death and blood in here.

I entered the abandon station to see many dead bodies. Well, at least most of them are Angelo's men. I was about to continue searching for Mila, but I as a vampire attempting to sexually assault a young girl. I darted towards him and ripped him off the girl. I quickly yanked his heart from his chest.

I then turned to the girl and urged her to tell me where the others are. She was hesitant since I was a vampire, but I got on my knees and swore I wouldn't harm her or her loved ones. She seemed to believe me. She then grabbed my finger and led me to the hidden wolves.

They started shaking when they saw me. I didn't have time to assuage their concerns. I told them to follow me and hide in the closets. They were confused, but complied. I then shut them in metal doors and told them to stay put. I promised to release them when it was safe.

I heard a roar and quickly followed the noise. I followed Mila's scent to a weapon's room. The place was destroyed. Damn. I then heard shots, yet the roaring continued. Something tells me she used silver bullets, but they were useless. I was about to run to her, but something caught my eye. I saw silver bombs that I had also designed. I grabbed one and raced to where Mila was.

I saw her enter a hallway with Lycan Angelo begins her. He couldn't fit into the hallway, so he reverted back to his human form. I screamed at Mila and threw her the bomb. She caught it with ease. I was running towards her when I saw her pull the string and implant the bomb into Angelo's abdomen. She then skirted past him.

I met her at the entrance and held her back right before Angelo exploded. I then left Mila's side to release the victims. I began opening multiple doors for grateful wolves. A small boy ran into my arms. I smiled and lifted him onto my hip.

"Huh, so that's where you were." I smirked at Mila. "So you chose the easy job."

"Well, you were the one who left before we could formulate a plan." I chuckled. "Didn't she?" I asked the child in my arms.

"Good news is that Angelo is dead along with the rebels." Dante stated. "Get these people to a safe house and make sure they're properly fed!" He then began to order his pack around.

Dante, being the good leader he is, refused to seek help until everyone had been helped. He looked like shit, but was remaking strong. If only my father was half the leader Dante was. I smiled and handed the child back to his mother.

After everyone was looked after, we headed back to Amalfi. Now, we had to plan for the war against my father.