4

The moment the door clicked shut, they ceased speaking. All eyes were on me now. Well, I wasn't going to be the one to break the ice.

"Shall you address it or shall I?" My mother inquired.

"I'll do it since she refuses." Alec spoke up. "Your mate is involved in an investigation to take us down." He paused. "You can't be serious about actually helping her investigation."

"Do not get involved with her." My eyes rose to meet my mother's.

Hailey began to defend my right to be with my mate. My mother and Alec teamed up against her, but she didn't back down. Taemin's stare caught my eye. I turned to lock eyes with him. He gave me a knowing look to which I gave him a small smile. He realized Nicole was an undercover agent, but decided to keep that information to himself. I'll have to ask him later how he figured it out. He'll also help to discover her real organization.

My mind drifted back to the blue eyes that grasped my attention. In a normal scenario, I'd be thrilled to find my mate. However, this was anything but normal. I wasn't in the mental headspace to deal with a mate. I had no energy to spare for her safety. My mind was consumed with war strategies, betraying my father, providing safe products for our consumer, and more. Nicole came at the most inopportune time.

Then there was her scent. What was she? She wasn't just a mere mortal. She was more and I was determined to find out her secret. I had a strong desire to know her. I also had a strong desire to drink her blood but that could be attributed to her being my blood singer. It was dangerous for me to be around her or for her to be in my vicinity since I tend to lose control when she's all that occupies my mind. Also, why did she have to have the rarest blood on earth!

I could barely contain myself when she was inside this small room. Her blood is so appealing and now I'm feeling my fangs itch against my gums. I need to stop thinking about her.

"Lexi." I called out.

They paused for a second before continuing with their argument. Lexi opened the door shorty after. He skipped over to sit next to Taemin.

"Debrief." I spoke.

"She's observant." She stated. "She found flaws in my cover story. Jelena did well with acquiring her." Lexi smirked. "We need to keep a close eye on her."

"What was she interested in?" I leaned back.

"I think her real interest is with our weapons." Everyone tensed. That's exactly what we were afraid of. "I think we need to be careful with her." She concluded.

"Hailey, double check the books." I stood up.

"Where are you going?" My mother stood up.

"To get hammered-"

"No you're not." Alec motioned for me to sit back down. "Father has demanded your return." I rose an eyebrow at him. "I'm not sure the reason, but he needs your expertise."

"Duration?" Alec shrugged his shoulders. "I'm guessing he wants me there now." He nodded at me. "Tae, want to travel?" Taemin smirked at me. "Lexi, watch over Nicole until I return. Help her as much as you can." Lexi saluted me with a smile. "And Hailey..." She looked at me. "Cleanup the janitorial closet. I made a bit of a mess." I smirked when she groaned.

I beckoned Tae to follow me. He quickly walked ahead to open any doors and push the elevator buttons. We descended to the garage, where he entered the driver's side of a Porsche. I entered the passenger side before he took off.

There was no reason to pack since everything was stocked at the manor. Tae drove straight to the private airstrip. We entered the awaiting plane. I smiled at the attractive crew. I glanced at Tae, who shook his head. Normally, I'd indulge in salacious actions with the women, but I felt no desire anymore. Shocking Taemin, I sat down and stared out the window.

He took the seat across from me. Tae gave me curios look, so I decided to answer his unasked questions.

"I'm not drawn to anyone that's not her and I don't like it." I didn't remove my eyes from the window. "And how did you know she's an undercover agent planted in Jelena's group?"

"She's observant and we caught each other subtly assessing the other." He spoke. "No one has ever caught me, but she did. She was just as surprised when I caught her, but didn't give her shock away. She's incredibly well trained and composed." He drank a glass of bourbon.

"That's what I'm afraid of, Tae." I turned to him. "She's so good and what if she's working for the opposition? That would be soul crushing." I sighed. "I'm also not in the place to deal with pursuing things with her."

"Well, it should make you feel better knowing that she probably has no interest in pursuing anything with you." I chuckled at Tae's straightforwardness. "She's clearly a top agent and will probably treat you as nothing but her target. Crisis averted." He sipped his glass.

"Crisis averted." I smirked and clinked our glasses together.