78

I smiled as I held the glass to Mila's mouth. Even though the doctor said she'd be fine, she was on mandatory bed rest from Dr. Lara. Mila rolled her eyes, but smiled and drank the liquid. I heard footsteps, so I turned to see Alec. He shook his head before dialing the number and stepping out the room.

"Is he trying to call Sophie?" Mila teased.

"Yes, but not for the gossiping reason you think." Her smile fell at my words. "We want to inform Zena that you're safe, but we can't get in touch with any senior staff member. Tae and Nick have been sent back to the chateau, so we have to wait on them."

"You're worried something happened to Sophie?" Mila sat up.

"Why isn't she picking up her phone?" I ran a hand through my hair. "I'm tempted to just tell Alec to leave and go back." I sighed. "He's delaying his travel until we get your results back." Mila smiled at my brother's worry over her.

"That's sweet of him, but he doesn't have to wait on me-"

"Yes, I do." Alec entered. "You are my sister, so I'm naturally inclined to worry about you." Mila and I rolled our eyes at his words.

"Anything? A text? Even snail mail?" Alec shook his head at my questions.

"I don't feel anything concerning, so Sophie isn't in any danger. I do feel anxiousness and fear radiating off her, though. Why is she disturbed?" He mused aloud.

"Somethings wrong." I stated.

"What could be-"

"Zena." Mila cut him off. "Somethings wrong with her. I don't know how, but I just know it. Call it a mother's intuition." Mila grabbed my arm. "Lara, something's wrong." Mila's eyes teared up.

"Alec-"

"I'm leaving." He announced before speeding to France.

"Lara, I can't lose her again." Mila quietly cried.

"I will not allow them to take her from us again." I firmly told her. "You have my word, my love."

She silently nodded and hugged me. I felt her shiver, so I tried to release her, but she held me. Mila gave me a smirk before yanking me on top of her. My lips crashed into hers, causing Mila to grab the back of my neck to firmly keep me in place. I chuckled against her mouth and deepened the kiss.

"You should be resting, my love." I muttered between kisses.

"I don't see you complaining." She smirked and plunged her tongue into my mouth.

"Hmm..." I snickered and sucked her neck.

I heard my phone buzz on the desk. I pecked Mila's lips a few times before rolling off the bed. I giggled at Mila whining and making grabby motions at me. I blew her a kiss and walked to my phone. I picked it up and shattered it. Mila sat up with a start and stared at me in confusion.

"Alec said that his sources have spotted Zena at the facility." Mila nearly shot out the bed, so I sped and pushed her back down.

"We need to-"

"We will, my love." I then placed my hand on her chest. "I just need to quicken your healing."

I pecked her lips before chanting a spell. Mila watched as purple mist appeared around my hand and dispersed along her body. Her wounds closed up, her skin returned to its sunkist color, and her red lips were smiling at me.

"So you couldn't have done that earlier?" She smirked.

"I enjoyed being at your beck and call." I shyly whispered. "Let's go save our daughter again." We fistbumped.