66

Alec was worried I'd annihilate Naomi, so he requested I return to France. I told Mila and she decided we should make a trip out of it. Zena was more than happy to go and even happier when we told her she could invite her friends. Yep, Zena has friends!

Mila and I met the Vera girl. She was a sweet witch and definitely fun to train. I enjoyed any opportunity to spend time with my daughter. I had offered to teach Vera and Zena magic since it'd force me to interact with my daughter and her friend. It warmed my heart to see the two of them interact. I believe they'll be good friends.

Dom has also increased the amount of werewolf training. She still refused to unleash her inner beast. Zena claimed she couldn't enact her wolf, but Mila and I knew that was bullshit. It was more like Z was terrified of transforming and that was perfectly okay. We just wanted her to know what to do whenever she feels comfortable shifting.

Mila and I heard Dom goading our daughter outside, so we walked into the balcony. We observed Dom trying to instigate Zena into fighting him. I quirked a brow when I smelt blood in the air. I quickly focused on Zena and saw blood dripping down her hands. Hmm... it seems she revealed her claws. Mila followed my line of sight and furrowed her brows.

I gave Mila a comforting touch and focused on the scene before us. I proudly smiled when Zena blasted Dom with an energy beam. Good, she knows how to properly perform that spell. Zena then jumped onto Dom and began to claw at him. Mila immediately jumped off the balcony and got Zena under control.

Mila used her high status to force Zena into submission. Or maybe it was the fact that she was Zena's mum that scared her back into line. Since Zena is actually enacting her abilities, I think it's the perfect time to train her vampire. I contacted Hailey and told her to arrive.

Tae and Hailey arrived the next day to train my daughter. Tae was going to be a hardass trainer, but he was the absolute best. And Hailey... I do need some entertainment. She'll probably harass my daughter, so Mila and I can slip away unnoticed. The two of us really need to plot how we'll force Naomi into revealing her parents' location.

"Your opinion, Lara?" Dante turned to me.

"Naomi isn't just someone you ask a question and get an answer. She'll want something. She's also incredibly tactful-"

"I know." Dom grumbled.

"How do you propose we deal with her?" Mila turned to me.

"We'd need-"

We all stiffened. I could sense Zena's uncontrollable thirst and savageness. We locked eyes before I raced out the room. Zena had a canteen in her hand that smelled an awful lot like human blood. I quickly controlled my own demon before racing towards my daughter. Right before she could drink it, I ripped it out of her hands and held her back.

Zena tried biting me and thrashed around in my arms. I tightened my grip while Mila tried to calm her down. Unfortunately, Zena was feral. Hailey and Tae quickly sped to me and tried to explain the situation. I had to speed Zena away from them because she needed to feed and it would be too dangerous with the others around.

Zena went rampant on the cattle and killed more than I previously thought. I watched her drain half the herd until she was somewhat satisfied. When she came back to her senses, she immediately broke down and started crying about almost attacking Mila. And this is why vampires need to control themselves.

I somehow calmed her down enough to the point she fell asleep in my arms. I carried my little girl back home and told Hailey to keep an eye on her. I went to my bedroom where I found my wife silently crying on the bed.