Chapter Ten The death day party

Start from the beginning

Time had flown by and I had not yet left the common room now that it felt safer and more pleasant to be around my fellow Gryffindor's the students who hadn't been spoken to by Natty were given a slight warning by Garreth to drop the conversations about what happened in the school carriages and explained himself properly of what actually happened and despite a few girls calling him names Garreth looked more pleased that I was in the common room and we sat in the armchairs by the fire in silence watching flames, once the clock above the fireplace chimed nine o'clock I stood up "well I'm off to bed good night Garreth" he waved good night as I walked up to the girls dormitory half way up the stairs I pursed waiting then finally I heard Garreth walk over to the boys dormitory and close the door behind him, i quickly entered the sixth year dormitory and opened my trunk most of the girls were all ready asleep and Natty was patrolling the third floor corridor near the grand staircase as she complained about at it earlier in the common room to anyone who was listening, I took off my robes and put on my black sweatshirt today had been quite breezy and as it was a clear night I had the feeling once I left the castle it would be quiet cool outside, I quietly left the dormitory and made my way out of the Portrait hole and made my way down the staircase tans outside into the castle grounds.

"Ah there you are" Sebastian was leaning against the wall of the castle gates "aren't you cold?" I asked seeing Sebastian abandon his school robes and was wearing his collared shirt "it's not that cold it's actually quite nice out here" he looked up into the sky a few clouds over were blocking the view of the moon "shall we?" We walked down the path towards the forbidden forest "I still don't understand why we need to be so far away from the castle?" "We want to get as much natural light onto the book as possible I'm not taking any chances" I rolled my eyes "your really determined to see what's in that book aren't you" I smiled "kinda but what I really want is to see your face when you see I'm right" we turned a corner and crossed the bridge into the forest "heres good" we stopped in a small clearing between two large trees "now what?" I asked rubbing my shoulders the air had become colder "we just need to wait for that cloud to move, are you alright?" Sebastian had noticed I was rubbing my hands together "yeah just a little chilly" Sebastian moved a couple of twigs and leafs into a small piles with his foot and ignited it with his wand "there that should keep you comfortable for now but I'll have to stamp it out once we have a clear view" i nodded and sat on the forest floor watching the flames flicker.

After what felt like hours Sebastian stepped into the flames and helped me to my feet "look" I gazed into the night sky as the large clouds covering the moon drifted away "Quick the book" I said excitedly " Sebastian pulled out the dirty from his back pocket and held it out in his palms, we waited breathlessly something to happen, then a minute past "LOOK!" The had  glowed bright blue "Open it" Sebastian prized open the book, at first it was blank then black ink magically appeared onto the pages revealing small notes diagrams of swelling markings some more descriptive then others and in every page a small imprint of a mooncalf and "there that's what I saw" Sebastian had turned to the ear end of the book and was pointing to the swelling symbol I had described to him during my trials "I still don't understand" I moved closer to Sebastian's side ignoring the warmth coming off his body as our shoulders touched, I turned the page and gasped, there was no diagram or drawing describing the details of the mooncalfs dance, the symbol was now much larger and notes were untidily scribbled as though the Author was in a rush to write every detail.

My love I have finished my work and have found the answer to all our problems, the magic you describe is a rare one and can only be sighted by very few, I have been able to track down as much information on this rare magic and have found a source of it contained here in the castle while I was on patrol, "Patrol?" The headmistress need not know what I have found and for this particular type of magic has be concerned for a reason I believe from my current research though the behaviours of the beast whom only dance at the full moon, were able to give me clues of what is contained, it is magic that I cannot describe but it is a feeling, an emotion so pure that even normal wizards can see it. I will be returning to the village soon once I have completed my research, if my theory is correct we can cure our son from that wrecked curses his professor put him on, I will see you soon.

R.E

"R.E who the hell is R.E?" I reread the notes and turned the page but before I could read the next sentence the book had snapped shut "What the" the moon had been covered by a mass of clouds it looked like it was going to rain "we can decide it later let's get back to the castle before you get soaked" by the time we had crossed the bridge out of the forbidden forest cold drops of rain showered above us.

We retreated under the banister of the castle slightly out of breath "so * hurried breathing* it worked so much for childish stories hey" Sebastian said smiling but I wasn't listening I watched the rain falling quickly onto the castle grounds in the distance of the forest thinking "an emotion so pure but pain can't be pure it's what we learn from" Sebastian leaned against the wall and he took looking into the now black inky sky "you said it wasn't pain though you said..wait A moment" he tapped the book with his fingers "he said a professor pulled cursed his son?" We looked at each other "I saw a year dated in one of the diagrams before he went off track it was the same year Isadora was teaching at Hogwarts, perhaps he was talking about the effects of pain being removed from his son, he was looking for a cure to return is son back to normal" Sebastian had started passing now "pure emotion?" He said then as though he had been hit by a bludger he said "oh of course wait didn't I see it before" I raised my eyebrows "eh you want to labyrinth for me?" But he was still passing and tapping the book furiously "but why would it be blue?" Perplexed I tried to get his attention "whys what blue Sebastian will you stop tapping the stupid book and talk to me" I snatched the book as he approached my way and hit him hard on the head with it "Ouch what?" "Back to earth are we?" He rubbed his head "the most powerful magic and emotion of wizard kind is.. love" I went slightly red as he said this for his eyes have made Direct contact with mine and my stomach had done a backflip, "eh ha ha okay I'm pretty sure your pulling my leg now, love? you can't be serious who would remove love from someone" He struggled "maybe the person was heart broken and didn't want to love again but that still doesn't explain why it's blue? Why not pink" I laughed "I think your over thinking again with the childish stories it's blue because it's pure not of what particular emotion it is" Sebastian looked not surprised but pleased about something he was smiling even more broadly "what's the stupid look for?" I said frowning "if I recall I current agreement it seems that my childish idea worked and you" he said pretending to currency, I rolled my eyes "yes I suppose you were right and a deal is a deal".